7| Surprising Surprises

I knew that I had fucked up. The problem was, I had only known her for weeks. And here I was doing things that were out of my character. I had called her five times already, but to no avail I had not received an answer. Days had passed, and even though I had reinstated the account not a penny had been touched.

I spent most of the day in my office. I had not yelled. I had not barked orders. I had not even called the dumb blonde. I just sat at my desk, staring at the wall. Then suddenly a thought occurred to me. Are you fucking depressed?

Some random woman could not have this much power over me. Me of all people? That sounded quite absurd. I sat at my desk fumbling with the company phone. I stared at the wall for hours on end. The blonde had called and left seven voicemails, I couldn't bring myself to give a damn.

     I had to know what was going on. So I did the very last thing that I wanted to do, and I called up my annoying little sister.
******

     My mother had suffered from a stroke then a brain infection. Over the past few weeks I had mourned in more ways than one. Between taking her to rehabilitation therapy, and the visits from the speech therapist I had been overwhelmed. My once quirky mother was now one of the most lifeless people on earth. Orion had called several times over the past few weeks.

     Between all of that, and working at the local diner I had little time for myself once again. I could easily go back to New York, beg Orion for the job back and have someone take care of mom. But that just wouldn't work. She needed me.

      I walked over to each table, carefully wiping them clean with lysol and cream cleanser. I arranged the tables neatly, and changed the tablecloths for the week. I was smoothing the last corner at a table when my boss walks up raising her brow. She carresses my shoulder and I shiver slightly. I didn't know if it was hormones, or just stress but the sexual tension growing between us was palpable.

    I did not consider myself bisexual, but pleasure is pleasure and love is love. I was young and in her 50's she looked amazing. Honestly in the small amount of time I had been there, my relationship with Cana had grown. She was sweet, kind, thoughtful, and laid back. Her eyes glittered with life and a mischievous glow I had come to love. She felt safe.

     So as she knelt down I couldn't help the pulse I felt between my legs, and the flush of warmth. Her large fair breasts teased me on the way down. Her red auburn hair glistening. She honestly didn't look a day over 30. The only indication of her age are the lines that crinkle at her eyes when she smiles.

     She bends down tying my shoe. And smiles mischieviously as she comes back eye level.

     "Don't want you tripping while serving the customers." She smiles, and I watch her sashay away.

     The days went by fast. Being with Cana was like a dream. We laughed, we talked, hung out, shared secrets, and soon a couple of months went by. I got promoted to manager, my pay went up, and soon I was in a place where I was content. My baby girl was having a blast in school, and mom was getting better. Cana was moving into a new house, so tonight I would be at her house warming.

     Tonight I had chosen a red dress. It had a deep v cut down the middle, and it was slit at both the sides. I paired it with red wedges, and pulled my curly hair into a bun, finally lining my eyes with dark kohl. I grabbed a red satin clutch and I was ready to go. The drive there was uneventful.

     As I stepped through the gate, I saw a lot of different activities taking place. People in the pool, people dancing, others at a table full of snacks and appetizers, there was even a buffet with personal chefs. I saw Cana walking around in a white dress and I walked over to her slowly. I was kind of nervous, but also really excited.