chapter 1: This isnt happening

Start from the beginning

“I know”, she said sadly, voice tottering, “But you better hurry. Transformation protects the body when the host has injuries, but now she gets weaker every minute without my powers. I can tell she’s gotten internal injuries. You must run as fast as you can, Chat Noir”.

“I will!” he replied sternly and turned to take a look at the mysterious Ladybug’s face to see how she was doing. She was pale, she was weak and she was definitely his old junior high classmate Marinette.

His heart sunk down to his stomach.

-------------------------------

Marinette woke up in an unknown room and it took a while from her to register that she wasn’t dreaming, but the odd room was a private hospital room. Her waking up caused a small commotion after the nurse came to check her out and noticed her being awake. Her parents were summoned and her mother arrived there in a so short notice Marinette thought she might have just made a Guinness World record. She was tearing up at Marinette’s neck, hugging her daughter like her life depended on it.

“Oh my sweet little baby”, she sobbed and squeezed her face between her small palms. Marinette offered her a bit confused smile.

“Mom, I think I’m OK”, she said without knowing was that actually true.

“Yes, yes you are, you are a fighter like your father and the hospital staff has taken so much care of you, and oh, that Chat Noir—“

“Chat Noir?” Marinette interrupted her mother’s hearty babbling.

“Yes, he found you injured, battled the whatever monster did this to you and brought you here. You are so lucky that he was there! He promised us to look after you, apologizing that he had let you to get hurt”, Sabine wiped her tears away, smiling gently.

Marinette felt how she paled at least tree shades, hoping her mother wouldn’t pick that up. Luckily she didn’t. Marinette suspected she was looking already so pale a little sudden loss of blood from her facial blood circulation wouldn’t be noticed.

“Oh, I see”, she managed to say with a bit tottering voice, tens of different thoughts rummaging through her head. She had a memory of them fighting together, then the akumatized monsterized “thing” hit her, she managed to release the person from the curse and then she blacked out.

And now, she was Marinette. Not Ladybug.

Chat must have seen her as Marinette. The thought made a cold sweat appear on Marinette’s forehead. Had someone else seen her transformation? Was she exposed?

Perhaps not as her mother didn’t say anything about Ladybug and there were no journalists lurking in the corridors, trying to get into her room for an interview.

Come to think of it she couldn’t feel the presence of Tikki anywhere. Was Tikki alright? There were so many things she didn’t know about kwamis. If she got injured in a mission, would it affect Tikki, too? Oh god, if something happened to Tikki because of her she--

“Oh darling, you look so pale”, her mother interrupted Marinette’s worst case scenario thoughts, “You should rest more. I’ll talk with the doctor about when we can get you back home. I’m sorry I can’t stay longer, father is in a trouble with a big order that came for an important wedding…”, Sabine apologized but Marinette just smiled and shook her head.
“You said Chat Noir himself was looking after me, plus I’m in a hospital. I’m fine, mom. A bit sore and dazed but that’s all”.