i: snapshot moments (bucky)

Start from the beginning

You wake up a few hours later to find Bucky's no longer beside you and then it occurs to you where he might be. You chuckle and drag yourself to Milo's room where he's sitting in the rocking chair, completely knocked out with a sleeping Milo comfortably in his arms. His hair is a mess and based on the disarray of Milo's blanket drawer, you can tell Bucky is not very used to the mother duck role (as much as he wants to be). You roll your eyes at the pitiful sight and before you wake them up, you grab the digital camera on the dresser and snap a quick picture, the noise waking Bucky.

"Milo," he shakes himself awake and looks straight down at the sleeping infant with wide eyes before recognizing the noise and looking up at you in the door way.

He smiles helplessly shrugging.

"You're such a dork," you giggle before coming up to your sleepy husband and giving him a sweet peck on the lips.

"You married me," he responds tiredly.

"That's because you're my dork,"

You slide Milo out of his arms and rest him slowly into his crib before turning to face Bucky who's now standing next to you and watching Milo sleep in the crib. You snake your arms around his waist and rest your head on his chest, while he wraps an arm around your head and the other around your waist. The two of you just hold each other in silence looking on as the sun rises through the window behind Milo's crib.

You're exactly where you want to be.

Moment #4
"Mom! Dad! Look!"

You and Bucky look at each other from across the kitchen counter with the same look you do whenever you hear those words. Out comes your four year old son, sporting a cylindrical piece of cardboard with the letters NASA written in blue paint.

"I'm going to Neptune!" He cheers making rocket noises.

Bucky laughs and you just smile at the both of them, focused on trying to feed your ten month old.

"Why Neptune?" Bucky asks lifting his mug to sip coffee.

"It's blue!" He shouts causing Bucky to laugh even harder.

You let out a giggle along with them while feeding Cara, your latest addition to the family, her last spoonful of peas. After cleaning her up, you strap her to your hip and break up the conversation Bucky's engaged in with Milo as if he's not the parent in the situation.

"Alrighty it's time for school bud," you say looking at Bucky with stern eyes.

He just sips his coffee shrugging as a sign of false innocence. You just continue to roll your eyes while bringing Milo's sweatshirt over to him to put on. Single handedly, you put Milo's hoodie on him, help him with his shoes, and wrangle Bucky's octopus hands who can't seem to stop themselves from brushing over your ass every time you bend over. The indecency.

"Bucky Barnes are you asking to be in time out,"

You think about what you'd said briefly and the expression on his face before you blurt.

"Don't answer that,"

He throws his head back and laughs the way you love, and it doesn't fail to bring a smile to your own face, as you shake your head. Looking at your life, you wonder when you started feeling so happy and it all leads back to Bucky and moments like this. The kind of moments you live for.

Moment #5
You watch as your family and friends serenade your son with the birthday song over his homemade tenth birthday cake, just wondering where in the world the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday, you were telling Bucky you were pregnant for the first time.

Bucky stands across the table next to Clint and Scott, holding a beer, his eyes never leaving yours. He'd been standing there for a while, pretending to engage in conversation but instead deciding to let himself fall in love with you over and over again. You just smile at him, the light of the candles on the cake and table illuminating your faces. In his eyes you see so much. Maybe you're falling in love all over again too.

"Happy Birthday dear Miloooo! Happy Birthday to you!"

All of your close friends and family cheer as Milo blows out his cake candles. As much as you don't want to, you peel your eyes away from Bucky and leap into action, cutting up cake slices and serving. By the time you slice up the cake completely, everyone's either almost done, or done and is jumping back in your backyard pool. You slide into the kitchen briefly to wash your hands when you notice Bucky coming as you glance out through the window above the sink.

"Milo's ten. He's getting so old, oh my god I'm old," he jokes, wrapping his arms around your waist and pressing your back to his chest.

You dry your hands with the kitchen rag as he begins placing kisses on your neck and jawline. You laugh at his statement, throwing your head back at the fact that he's already 90 something. The two of you stand there in each other's embrace for a while looking out into the backyard at all of the love that's surrounding the two of you.

"Let's have another baby," you say spontaneously.

You almost regret what you said until your eyes find each of your children enjoying the party. the latest addition to your family, little Steve, leapt into the shallow end of the pool Cap and his eight year old son James , while Milo's taking Cara's hand and spinning her around amongst the other children their age dancing to the music. You smile at the sight, your mind thinking back to when Milo was first born. You and Bucky had no idea what you were doing, but you took it one step at a time and eventually you got the hang of it. It took lots of help but between Steve's wife and Clint's wife, the whole parenting thing didn't seem too hard.

"Okay," he responds looking at you and smiling.

You knew he'd thought about the same things you did by the look in his eye when you look to the side of you. You smile happily as he brushes hair off of your forehead, even after all these years, you both still had butterflies. He closes his eyes and leans in to kiss you slowly. You adjust yourself so that your chest to chest, his hands holding you close to him. You both can't hold back your smiles as you kiss each other. He pulls away ever so slightly before whispering against your lips.

"That will never get old,"