He nodded, regretting how the scene played out. Derek couldn't find even look her in the eyes. "I'm sorry, Lydia, but I can't imagine my life without her."

Lydia somberly left him, declining his offer to walk her back to the car. She didn't want his sympathy, she simply wanted to be loved.

"Now that was intense. Although Derek and Braeden are living their happily ever after, doesn't mean that Lydia doesn't deserve another shot at love because she does. So one fish down, now twenty-six fish to go. It's Lydia's time to find love on this season of The Bachelorette," the host said.

"Hello, Bachelor Nation. Welcome back to another season of The Bachelorette. This season is filled with all things romance from hugs to kisses, and lots of smiles, but nevertheless, we have in store many arguments and tears. I'm your host, Alan Deaton, and here's a quick peek of this season of The Bachelorette." Then a montage of previews of the upcoming season was cued on the screen.

/-/

Lydia Martin-29

"After Derek, I realize I need someone who is going to say it how it is. I want to leave with a man ready to commit to an engagement, followed by marriage, not a fickle decision maker. I need someone that knows what he wants and how to get it. I'm looking for a guy who challenges, inspires, and treasures me. I want to love someone as much as they love me. Also, a nice body wouldn't hurt," Lydia giggled into the camera. She was still in the process of healing but was ready to move on as she was looking forward to the new possibilities that tonight would hold. Nevertheless, her nerves were surging throughout her body, worrying about her heart breaking again.

/-/

After Lydia's quick confessional, Deaton took her to the house's living room. It was weird being back, considering she lived there with a house full of women ready to catfight with one another over anything and everything. The fights were always the source of jealousy or annoyance and always led to drama. She remembered when Erica and Kali got into a fistfight. Allison and Lydia decided to break it up so they pushed both of them into the pool to get them to cool off. God, she hated this house.

Lydia was met by three previous Bachelorettes: Melissa, Danielle, and Heather. Lydia greeted them all with hugs, as they took a seat in the house. "Thanks so much for taking the time to be here with me. I'm excited but a bit nervous for tonight," Lydia confessed.

"Don't worry, sweetie! If anything they should all be nervous of you because you're looking like a snack. Derek's loss," Danielle said a bit sassily. "His ripped washboard abs loss," she whispered smiling to herself. The mention of Derek struck a chord, but she wasn't in as much heartbreak as before.

"I'm just a little in my head. How do you juggle so many guys at one time?" Lydia asked.

"The process essentially is like a pyramid. The base is the attraction, and as you reach the top the feelings increase and the men decrease. I struggled the most when there were three guys left since I was falling in love with all of them. In the end, you realize that the men are all so different and unleash a different side of you. Although it's hard, you have every right to be selfish, this is your season, your journey, your men, so make the most of it," Melissa told her.

Heather also answered Lydia's question. "If I'm being honest, I forgot about eight guys names on the first night. It's simple, if they're forgettable they aren't gonna last. That's why this night, the first impression rose is so important, I gave mine to my now fiancé. The night of our first kiss."