Hunger Games - New Dawn

we made our way up a rocking hill when the fallen music played we all stopped and looked up to the sky watching the pictures of the fallen light up one of them was Chaff. when it finished we continued on and after about five minutes we approached the lightning tree.

"Minimal charring and impressive conductor. let's get started" Beetee began to work the coil all around it.

"typically a lightning strike contains five billion Jules of energy. we don't want to be anywhere in the vicinity when this hits. you two girls go together now take this and unspool it carefully make sure the entire coil is in the water do you understand. then go to the 2:00 sector we'll meet you there"

"yes but one question why can't i go with Peeta. i agree with her once and suddenly you want us to be best buddies" i wonder

"no. no. no he's staying here to protect me and the tree"

"no i need to go with her" Peeta retorted

"there are two careers out there i need two guards" 

"Finnick can take care of you just fine on his own"

"yeah and if you insist on having two take him and Johanna while me and Peeta take the coil"  i added

"you all agreed to keep me alive till midnight correct"

"its his plan we all agreed to it." Johanna stated

"i know that but i did not agree for me and Peeta to be separated" 

"is there a problem" Finnick asked

"you bet your ass there is. last time we separated he nearly lost his leg or worse died and you think I'm going to leave him again. Three words for you kiss my ass." i growled

"if you're so worried about him I'll protect them both" Finnick replied

"no offence but as soon as the careers are dead what's to stop you from attacking huh."

"its fine Lils" Peeta said i looked at him

"what?" he comes over and hugged me nuzzling near my ear.

"go and I'll come and get you as soon as i can" i mumbled my eyes fluttered shut  as i hummed in response. he pulled back and gave me a sweet kiss. upon pulling away i address the others

"if any harm comes to him rest assured I'll kill both of you." i warned before grabbing the coil.

"love you" i smiled at him

"love you more" i left with Johanna looking back one last time  he nodded at me and i continued.

we went back down the rocky area and i gave my bow to Johanna then jumped over the rock. she handed it to me.

"come on i want to put as much distance between me and the beech as possible" she went on and i stopped when i couldn't pull the coil. i tried pulling it again but it was stuck.

"there something" i pulled it again and i came flying back i saw Brutus. i pulled out a arrow and shot him but missed. i was then knocked to the ground and flipped over before i felt a stabbing in my arm. i screamed but was shushed by Johanna oh that bitch.

"stay down" she whispered i sat up and looked down at my arm

"Johanna where are you" i shuffled back hearing Finnick he must be in on it as well . see this is why i wanted to be with Peeta. wait

"Peeta" i got up and went back to the tree