Hunger Games - New Dawn

"Okay hold up, hold up" Finnick called and we came to a stop. He let Mags down i took this chance to look around but there wasn't much to see so i sat down.

"God its hot." Peeta breathed

"i know you are" i joked

"really?" Finnick asked and i turned to him

"I've just seen one of my best friends knocked unconscious for no reason so shut the fuck up with your complaining cause I'm dealing" he backed up.

"have you been spending time with Johanna?" he asked and i glared at him.

"what happened Cinna" Peeta asked wrapping his arms around me

"peacekeepers punched and kicked him into a unconscious state while i was in the tube. i couldn't help him" i replied. there cannon's went off.

"well i guess were not holding hands anymore"

"you think that funny?" i snapped at him

"any time that cannon goes off its like music to my ears. i don't care about any of them"

"well thats good to hear" i take out a machete

"want to face the career pack alone? what would Haymitch say?"

"Haymitch isn't here and the only male opinion i care about is right behind me" i handed Peeta the blade.

"let's keep moving" Peeta helped me up and he went in front while i was at the back. keeping a alert i knew something was off when i looked forward at Peeta chopping stuff down i noticed ripples.

"Peeta no!" i yelled but it was too late it hit the force field and was sent backwards we were all  knocked to the ground. i looked up to see Peeta not looking at me.

"Peeta" i scrambled towards him and checked him over.

"he's not breathing. he's not breathing Peeta!" i chanted i was pushed off and i went to attack when i noticed Finnick was trying to help him so i went back to his side.

"Peeta please, please wake up i can't lose you Peeta please" i begged "please Peeta" i repeated sobbing i couldn't and wouldn't lose him. he then took a large breath and  cried in relief

"Peeta"

"careful there is a force field up ahead" he joked i laughed

"oh my gosh you were dead Peeta. you weren't breathing and your heart stopped"

"it's okay its working now" i kissed him

"do you wanna stand up?" i asked

"yeah" i helped him up and looked at Finnick

"thank you" he just nodded and i brought Peeta into a hug still crying.

"its oaky... I'm right here it's okay" he whispered stoking my hair.

"come on lets go" i grabbed Peeta's hand and put it on my shoulder the grabbed some rocks off the ground. i threw them to know where the force field was.

"hang on" i saw i tree up a head and climbed it to the top. i looked around in wonder and took everything in that's how i noticed little shimmers so i grabbed a arrow and aimed it at the sky. when it hit it she rippled in the shape of a dome. climbing back down i told the others.

"the force field is a dome and we are at the edge of the arena. i couldn't find any signs of fresh water" i informed the brushing my hair back

"it's going to get dark soon we should have our back and set up camp I'll take the first watch" we nodded. i didn't trust him but if he wanted to kill me he would have done so by now. we found a place to rest and i settled down with Peeta and drifted off. i was awoken by the familiar sound of the fallen and watched them in the sky.