Hunger Games - New Dawn

"eight" i said counting those who had fallen. i sighed sitting up but turned my head when i heard chiming looking up i saw a parachute make its way dome before it landed i got up and skidded to get it.

"drink up?" i picked out the gift and observed it.

"what is it" Finnick asked

"it's from Haymitch" i replied not really answering then i recognised what it was. "Haymitch you're a genius it's a spiel." leaving the rest i grabbed a rock and knocked the spiel into a tree.

"please, please" i whispered it was a few more seconds till water came running out i i drank some before letting the others have their turn. Finnick took some to Mags in a leaf. i gather some in my hands and cooled my face before drinking some more.

"Finnick why don't i take the second watch. you need the rest" i offered

"thanks" i found a place to rest but before he could sleep there was a alarm i counted from 1 to 12

"i counted 12" i stated

"midnight?" Finnick asked

"or the number of district" i counter he shrugs and lays his head down there was rambling followed by lightning striking a tree. it struck 12 times without leaving a mark after that i was all quite and i slipped into sleep.

"what" i asked looking from side to side i must of dropped off. shaking my head i stood up trying to keep alert but it was hard with this heat i heard something and looked around catching a fog coming this way i held out my hand thinking it could be harmless well that was until it touched me i screamed.

"run! the fog its poisonous" i yelled waking up the others. Peeta got up and Finnick got  Mags and we set of running. As we ran i came from diffrent directions and it was faster. i was doing okay till i tripped.

"up you get" Peeta ran back to help me but we were both hit bay the fog  we tried to carry on but Peeta was struggling i helped him. Finnick screamed in pain obiasly he got hit too. it was too much for Pete when he crashed the ground.  it turned him over and it was bad.

"i can't carry him"i whimpered to Finnick "Peeta please, wake up please"

"Mags? Mags?" i looked up to see Mags going  he tried to go after but i knew she was doing this for us

"Finnick we have to go. we have to get out of here" he looked back at me "she sacrificed herself so that you could help Peeta. don't let that be in vain" he nodded and helped my husband up as did i and we dragged him through the jungle as fast as we could but it wasn't fast enough. i hit us again and sent us downwards tumbling.

when we stopped i whimpered in pain trying to turn around to look for the others when i did the fog was getting closer. i was going to hit us but it didn't instead it went up like it hit a barrier between it and us. laying back down i was in so much pain but i saw a mandrill i follow the line of sight and see water so i drag myself closer. touching the water hurt like hell but it reacted a mist so i rubbed it.

"the water. come to the water it helps" i stated one of them heard me and came beside me. it was Peeta a he washed his hands i went it. crying in agony as the water got every boil caused by the fog. We then drug Finnick into the water and i helped him.

"we need our weapons"  i told Peeta who left to get them. Once Finnick was pretty much done we both did ourselves washing away the last bits while Peeta got water.

"I'm sorry about Mags" i said. Finnick paused before continuing

"she was never going to make it. So" i went back to washing when there was a tap on my knee i looked to Finnick who was locking straight behind me so i looked around.

Mandrills