Hunger Games - New Dawn

in the car Effie was explaining what to do and say especially about  Rue and Thresh.

"may i say my own eulogy for them two...please" i asked Effie hollowly. whenever i thought about Rue it made me feel hollow.

"well i don't see why not but just this once mind you" i nodded

"Lil do you want me to do the rest" i looked at him.

"thank you" we arrived and waited to be introduced.

"our 74th Annual Hunger games victors   Lilly Hawthorne and Peeta Mellark"

"smiles your on camera" my arm was looped with Peeta's as we went to  the microphone. Peeta in the short time in the car recited the cards Effie gave us that was until it was my turn.

"both Peeta and I would like to pay tribute to your fallen." i turned to Thresh's family "i never knew Thresh and never spoken to him except for once. he could have killed me and in turned killed Peeta but instead he showed me mercy and for that i will always be indebted to him." they nodded appreciatively i then turn to Rue's

"i did however know Rue not only were we allies but we were friends. i see her in the meadows near my house and hear her in the mockingjay song. see her in my friend Rosie and her warm smile within Peeta. One of the thing i remember was her cheeky grin when she asked if i was in love. its one of the moments i will cherish forever because she was too young, too gentle and didn't deserve die. my condolences to both Thresh and Rue's families" i finished there were a few tears then one man kissed his three fingers and whistled the mockingjay song. others followed holding their hands up that was when the peacemakers went for the man.

"no, no leave him alone" i called going down the steps only to be hauled back inside the brought the man up onto stage and the last thing i saw what him being shot. i screamed and burst into tears.

"come with me." Haymitch and Peeta took me up the stairs and into a loft.

"that wasn't meant to happen he wasn't supposed to do that he has to know it was a accident" i rambled

"who has to know?" Haymitch questioned

"Snow he went to see her and told her to distract people from rebelling." Peeta told him

"i swear it was never meant to happen"   i sniffled as Peeta wrapped his arms around me

"shhhh its gonna be alright"

"we should be creating peace not disturbing it"

------

i  shot up screaming i had another nightmare about Rue

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry" i cried

"Lilly" Peeta burst in and ran over to me.

"it's my fault all my fault Peeta i didn't save her" he rocked me back and forth calming me down.

"you tried Lilly pad you tried that's all you could have done." he rocked me back and forth for a while until i feel asleep. we went from district to district all seemed to be well and there were no more incidents like 11 well that was until District 6 where we were going through the normal routine of what we called the distraction when two of the raise their arms in peace. i looked to Haymitch who nodded for me to continue which i did.

District 4 kinda knocked me. we went doubt and two children came up to us with flowers. i bent down to the little girl.

"thank you" i smiled

"when i grow up I'm going to volunteer just like you" my smile dropped for a moment as she walked away standing back up i smiled again. after districts 4 warming welcome  we thought others would be somewhat the same that however was a dream. they were shouting at us and angry.  i went through the usual before we were escorted of the stage.