Chapter 58

Z A Y N

Mel thinks that a baby is too much for us, I really love Scarlett but can't help but agree with her.

"Mel..." I start "We love Scarlett a lot, maybe your right, maybe we can't take care of her. But do you really think we should let Mr and Mrs Jones adopt Scarlett"

"I-I don't know. Its just so hard" More tears appear on he face, I cup her beautiful face with my hands.

"Don't worry, We'll get through this together" I smile and peck her lips "oh, and who was that guy?" I ask in a serious tone

"aggh! He was just a random stranger, nothing more" She says

"I love you" I smile

"I love you too" She smiles

The Next Day-

M E L A N I E

"Hi Mum" I smile when she opens the door, with Scarlett in my hands

"hi sweetie, what a surprise to see you here. Hi Scarlett, you little cutie" She smiles "Where's Zayn?" She asks

"Oh, he is just-"

"Hey Ms Back" Zayn comes up behind me and smiles,

"Hi Zayn" She says "Come in"

Zayn and I both walk inside the house and sit down on the lounge in the living room. I look around like i've never seen this place, it feels so weird to come back after so long.

"do you guys want a drink?" Mum asks

"just water" I say

"nothing for me, thanks" Zayn says, My mum walks out of the room and I lean into Zayn.

"Why the hell are you so nice to my Mum, you make me look bad" I chuckle. He just laughs out loud and shakes his head.

"here you go, Mel" Mum passes me a glass and sits down on the opposite lounge.

"so, why have you come here?" Mum asks, Zayn and I trade glances.

"I-I am having trouble with S-Scarlett" I stutter, Zayn snakes his hand around my waist and gives me an reassuring smile.

"ohh, Honey, whats wrong" She asks

"IThinkWeMightBeConsideringLettingTheJonesAdoptedScarlett" I say in one breath, she immediately stands up and has a shocked face.

"What?!" She asks

"Mum, I really thought I could take care of her, but now I realise that I'm to young to take this sort of responsibility." I say "And... Zayn and I are having some problems, But we work them out"

"Darling..." she walks over to me and I stand up, she grabs my hands "Are you sure about this?"

"Mum" I sigh "I love Scarlett very much and I want what is best for her"

"Honey, I really don't know what to say" She says

"Mum, I don't know what to think myself. I mean I love Scarlett more than anything else, I will sacrafice my life for her, but I also want her to have a loving family and the right age mum. One that knows what to do in an emergency, one that has time to take care of her."

She immediately pulls me into a hug and I hug her back.

"The Jones will be really happy to have a baby" She smiles "And don't worry, they will take care of your beautiful baby"

"Thank you Mum, you have always made my life so much easier" I smile

Scarlett starts to cry so Zayn hands her carefully to me. I rock her and her eye lids start to close slowly.

"Do you want me to call Mr and Mrs Jones over?" Mum whispers

"Sure okay" I smile, she walks out of the lounge room and grabs her phone. I sit down next to Zayn with Scarlett in my arms. I lay my head on his shoulder, still holding Scarlett and he hugs me.

"I'm doing the right thing, right?" I ask, my voice shaky

"Yeah, We are" He smile

"They will be here in five minutes" Mum says

"okay" I say

5 Minutes Later-

*Knock Knock*

Mum sits up from her seat and walks to the front door, I hear voices and then Mr and Mrs Jones walks into the lounge room. They both sit on the couch opposite.

"Hello, Mel" Mrs Jones says

"Hi, Mrs Jones" I give a weak smile

"Please, call me Karen. And this is Daniel" She says

"Hi" I say

"Hello" Daniel says

"Okay!" Mum breaks the awkward silence "Melanie, do you have something you wanna say" Mum says

I lift my head from Zayn's shoulder and stand up, I walk over to Karen and kneel down in front of her. I carefully place sleeping Scarlett in her hands and immediately feel a tear fall down my face, followed by more.

"I-I-I W-W-Want-t-t" I can't seem to find the words to say, Zayn comes behind me and rests his hand on my back. "I want you to adopt Scarlett" I say

Karen and Daniel look at each other then look at me. "Darling, you don't look happy with this decision" Karen says "If you don't feel right doing this than we both understand"

"No, No" I say "I want to do this, I am only 17... and I want Scarlett to have a pair of real loving parents" I smile "I remember when you used to babysit me, you's were so loving and caring and I'm sure Scarlett would love that" I stand up

"Oh, Mel" Karen say and she hands Scarlett to Daniel. She pulls me into a hug. I cry on her shoulder more.

"Mel, we really do appreciate this opportunity" Daniel says

"So, are there any adoption papers or anything" I ask

"uh, actually yes" Karen says

Please Vote & Comment