Chapter 2

M E L A N I E

I walked inside the house and immediately feel sick. I throw my school bag onto the ground and run to the bathroom for the third time today. I feel my mother holding back my hair running circles on my back.

"Thanks Mum" I said "you've been amazing and I couldn't ask for a better Mum"

"Anything for my little sweetheart" she said with a smile.

I sit there for a while, just thinking. I get up and rinse my mouth in the sink, and brush my teeth, this is the worst feeling ever. I walk out of the bathroom, tired so I walk lazily up to my bedroom and fall on the bed. My eyes shut as soon as my head touches my pillow.

Dream

I walk into school my body feeling heavy and I see the whole school laughing in a slow, horrible way that makes my stomach twist into a thousand knots.

"Aww" Zayn says throwing his head back in laughter "Who's the daddy?" I hear his cold voice echo throughout and it freaks me out more as my head starts to spin uncontrollably and the laughter continues.

Next thing I know, I see Zayn. Climbing on top of me as I start yelling and thrashing my body around in a desperate plea.

"Ahhhhh" I yell "stop! please stop! please! ahhh! stop!"

End of dream

I wake up to my mother rushing into my room, I don't need to explain anything to her as she just sits beside me on my bed and starts comforting me. Stroking my soft brown hair and holding me tight.

"You were screaming" She says "You had a bad dream"

"Yeah, I did. Thank god it was a dream" I say letting out a slightly relieved shaky breath. Although most of it felt like reality, it was a reality... it is my reality.

"Come and have dinner" She says while walking out of my room leaving my door slightly opened.

"Okay, I'll be there soon" I reply with a strained voice

I get up from my double bed and slowly walk down the hall then down the carpeted stairs

"Whats for dinner?" I ask

"Spaghetti Bolonaise" She says with a smile

"Ohh yumm, my favourite" I say

We both sit at the table quietly eating, the silence is nice. It gives me even more time to think, I start to think about Zayn and how I could never picture him to turn out with a happy family or even as a good father. He doesn't have the qualities at all and is so completely selfish. I know it's mean of me to think these things but its what I think. Zayn becoming a father is one of those things you'd have to see to believe, I don't know what to do with Zayn. Right now my decision is to keep my baby away from him and his terrible ways and personality, I don't want anything to do with him after I leave school. This baby will not tie us together.

After we finish dinner, I walk into the kitchen and help Mum with the dishes. After we finish, I walk up the stairs and Mum turns off all the downstairs lights.

She comes into my room after a while with a reassuring smile that just speaks everything is going to be okay.

"You okay?" She asks

"Yeah, I am" I say. "Goodnight, I love you"

"I love you too, hun" She kisses me on the forehead.

She walks out of the room and closes the door behind her. I hear her walk to her room, and shut her bedroom door. After a couple of hours I'm still sleeping in the same positing with my eyes open. I can't get to sleep, finally I give up trying to sleep and stand from my bed, put on a coat and quietly sneak downstairs and outside. I walk around the neighbourhood a couple of times but something catches my eye. I see a person standing in the distance, he looks young, about my age maybe or a bit older. He starts walking closer and that's when I realise it's not safe, I start to speed walk towards my house and loose him around a corner. It was Zayn, what was he doing out? At this time? God, I hope he didn't recognise me.

Please Vote & Comment if you enjoyed!!