Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr, brings the end of the world. 

Three winters, no summer. Wind blows from the North, it blows from the East, it blows from the West, it blows from the South. 

Brother against brother, sister against sister, the war of all wars reaches us all. 

Ragnarök is coming. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Four ships were seen sailing from the open waters in to our fjord

Four ships were seen sailing from the open waters in to our fjord. Our guesses were proven to be right, when the four longboats with my husband's sails came closer. 

I as well as others from our town were there to welcome them home. The bear cloak kept me warm, but my heart felt frozen at the sight of my husband returning home. The raiding party began to wave at the people waiting for them at the shore. I was happy for them. 

The boats stopped at the pier, and men from each of the boats hopped off to tie the ropes to the poles. A plank was placed as a bridge between the boats and the pier, and my husband came from the first one. 

Walking to me, he grabbed my shoulders and pulled me in for an embrace. Placing his rough lips against mine, he greeted me. I could not move, my body nor my lips. Not that I wanted to move my lips, not with him. 

Pulling away, I gave him a fake smile, ''Husband, welcome home. I hope the raiding went well?''

''It did, my wife. Northumbria favoured us, the same way they did four years ago. We brought treasures as well as slaves.''

Placing both of his hands on my slightly protruding belly, he smiled. ''How is my son? He has grown, I see.''

''He has. He is strong, but still small.''

''He will grow,'' he said. The way he said it, it was a command. So stern, same was his eyes. His eyes were cold and pierced right through me. I knew what he meant. I needed to do whatever I can, so that the baby will become strong and live. Any damage would mean another beating. 

Nodding my head, I removed his hands from my belly, I did not want him to touch me. 

''He will.''

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Days, weeks passed and life in our village had returned to the way it was. Yet my mind and body were becoming more and more different. 

My bones ached, but I had no injuries. My muscles tensed, flexed and grew on their own. My hair changed color to a more brighter red, and felt stronger, thicker.