The boy scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, Larry usually skips me in the family introductions."

"Ouch. First name basis with the old man sounds pretty grim," Sam commented as he rocked back on his heels.

"Yeah, well, I'm not exactly brochure material so."

Delaney frowned as her heart slowly broke for Larry's son. She knew how it felt to have a father brush over you and like you didn't exist to other people. It hurt and she knew how much it could crush your soul till it looked like a crushed up soda can.

"Hang in there, okay? It gets better. I promise," Delaney assured the boy.

The boy gave her a look that basically said he didn't believe her and that she was feeding him bullshit. "Oh, yeah? When is that going to be?"

Before Delaney could give him an answer, the boy's name was being called from behind them. Larry walked out of the house with a stern expression on his face. The boy, who they now knew was named Matthew, looked over at Larry with no emotion on his face. "Larry."

Larry stood next to his son as he turned his focus to Sam and Delaney. "I am so sorry about my son and his... pet," Larry apologized, shooting a disgusted look towards Matthew's tarantula.

"It's totally fine, Larry. It's not a problem," Delaney replied, trying to get the point across that she wasn't bothered by it. She had a phobia of spiders, but she didn't want to make Matthew look bad. It wasn't exactly a lie either. As long as the spider didn't touch her and was a good few feet away from her, then she was perfectly fine.

"Excuse us," Larry dismissed him and Matthew, pulling away his son towards a secluded area of the back patio.

Delaney frowned as she watched Larry grip Matthew's arm and let it go once they were a safe distance away from everyone to talk. He yelled at him and scolded him for absolutely no reason. As she watched, it was like she was back at home with her own dad. She forced her attention away when Dean joined them again.

Delaney leaned her weight to one side and crossed her arms. "Does he remind you both of anybody?"

Dean glanced over at the arguing father and son duo. He shook his head and shrugged his shoulder in a confused fashion, not knowing what Delaney was trying to say.

"Dad?" Delaney suggested.

Dean's face screwed up at her accusation. "Della, Dad never treated us like that."

Delaney scoffed. "Actually, he never treated you or Sammy like that. That's exactly how he treated me. You both were just so perfect in his eyes and I was the screw up." She deflated a little when Dean still didn't get it. Sam looked like he understood, and he typically did when it came to how Delaney felt about their dad. It was like Dean seemed so blind to what their dad did to her self-esteem. "You don't remember?"

"Well, maybe he had to raise his voice, but sometimes you stepped over the line, Della," Dean argued.

Delaney couldn't help but laugh in disbelief. Was Dean really trying to pin it all on her? "Yeah, like when I said I'd rather go to college than stay home with him and be verbally abused because I didn't things the ways exactly how he wanted it?"

"Delaney, you know the reason he didn't want you to go away... now," Dean stated, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "You didn't know it then, but you do now. Doesn't that mean anything?"

Sam noticed the tension that began to rise between Delaney and Dean. They could never go too long without arguing over whether John was a good father or not to the three of them - mostly to Delaney. To Sam and Dean, he was like any father a kid would want. However, to Delaney he was the type of dad that made kids want to rebel.