18 | truth about john

Start from the beginning

The four quickly shook hands and exchanged friendly greetings with each other.

Larry leaned close to his wife's ear and whispered, "Tell them how much you love the place, honey. And lie if you have to because I need to sell some houses." He glanced at the Winchesters with a smile that said he knew they heard what he had said. Delaney knew he was teasing the second he leaned towards his wife. "If you excuse me I have some things to take care of."

"Don't let his salesman routine scare you," Joanie said to the siblings, earning their attentions. "This really is a great place to live."

Before the boys and Delaney could make a comment, a woman with dark hair pulled into a tight bun appeared next to Joanie. "Hi, I'm Lynda Bloome, head of sales. I was second to move into this lovely place."

"She's so noisy though," Joanie joked as she winked at Lynda, walking away to talk some of the other guests.

Lynda chuckled and waved her hand dismissively. "She's totally kidding, of course. I take it you three would like to become homeowners."

"Uh... yeah... well..." Sam stammered as he looked over at Dean, not knowing what to say exactly to this woman.

"Well, let me just say that we accept homeowners of any race, religion, color... or sexual orientation," Lynda assured with a warm smile. "There is no discrimination here."

Delaney snorted and covered her mouth with her hand, trying to hide her giggles from Lynda and her brothers. Dean and Sam must have heard her giggles regardless because they both lightly elbowed her in the ribs. She still couldn't get over the fact that everyone thought Dean and Sam were actually boyfriends. The boys didn't look much alike since Sam looked more like their mom, while her and Dean looked like their dad. However, Delaney was positive that you could tell when people were siblings. She guessed it was hard for these people to see that.

Dean forced a smile onto his face. Though, Delaney could tell that Dean wanted to say something to the woman like he had to Larry at the front door. "Right. Well, I'm gonna go talk to Larry. Okay, honey?" He stated before patting Sam on the chest and walking over to the door.

Sam glared at Dean and lightly punched him in the arm as he passed by. He turned back to Lynda and smiled innocently at her, to which she returned.

"So, Lynda, why don't you tell my... dad... here about these homes?" Delaney suggested and leaned forward to Lynda, lowering her voice. "He's kind of picky."

"Delly," Sam warned with a shake of his head.

Delaney gave him a what kind of expression as Lynda went on to explain everything about what it was like to live in Oasis Plains. The steam showers and the whirlpool tubs in the bathrooms. Delaney glanced down to the table for a brief second and froze when she saw a tarantula slowly make its way over to Lynda's hand that was placed on the table. She side-glanced Sam and saw him looking in the same place, but Lynda had yet to notice their sudden change of attention.

Sam quickly excused the both of them and grabbed the spider, cupping it in his hand and looked around for the culprit. There was a kid a few feet away, smiling like he had conducted the best diabolical plan known to man. That's when Delaney and Sam knew he was the reason this tarantula was crawling around.

The two youngest Winchesters made their way over to the boy where Sam handed him the spider back. Delaney was just glad she didn't have to touch it because she had a phobia of spiders and she wanted to be as far from that thing as possible. "I would guess this is yours."

"You gonna tell my dad," the boy sighed as he let the spider crawl around on his hands.

"Not sure how we would do that since we don't know who he is," Delaney spoke up as she crossed her arms. "Who is he?"