04

"How did you forget you used to bully someone?" Asked Hoseok as he drank mindlessly from his cup of steaming coffee.

Jungkook sat in front of him with a tired expression. His mind tired from trying to figure out the reason why Y/N was so scared of him.

"I don't know hyung" he said as he sighed loudly, "all I remember was messing with her here and there whenever I saw her...which was not that often since we had separate classes."

"And what did your high school friend said about it?" Hoseok pondered as something outside the coffee shop picked his attention.
"Yoongi? Said the whole school was after her becuase of me" answered the younger, "which I don't understand one bit...yah! Hoseok you even listening?"

Jungkook looked at the older whose sight was glue to the window as a smile appeared on his lips. His hyung was checking out girls once again and paying no attention to him.

An every day hustle.

Yet, when he looked out of the coffee shop large window he saw just who his hyung was so earnestly looking at.

Park Y/N was walking right in front of them, headphones over her head and a book on her hand, with no idea what was happening in the world around her.

She looked so beautiful as she walked by, her long beautiful hair dancing around in the warm afternoon breeze, that Jungkook froze at her sight.

A smile curving on her full lips as she read from the hard cover. The world outside of the book that rested on her pale fingers did not represent anything of interest for the adorable girld.

It was a wonder for Jungkook how she managed to not trip and fall as she read.

And in the exact moment, he remembered it.

"Maybe you can lift your nose from those books and watch where you are going"

He remembered the words he recited as the petite girl sat on the floor surrounded by a pile of scattered books. Laughter echoing in the hallway as he just stood there, mooking the quiet girl.

He looked at her once again, just in time to see her entering an old bookstore that was located just in front of the bussy coffee shop, and without saying anything to his companion he went right after her.

___________________________________

You had always found the smell of books to be reassuring for your soul.

There was nothing on this world that could be compared to the smell of books.

And just entering the old bookstore in which you worked part time made you feel safe.

You were, after all, surrounded by books.

"Good afternoon Y/N" said the old man who owned the store as soon as you stepped into the entrance.

He was such a lovely man who treated you as his own grandchild. You were extremely grateful at him for offering you a job after you became a regular shopper at his store. He said he loved being around youngsters who loved and respected books.

"Hello uncle" you answered him with a smile, "let me put my stuff away and you can go take a nap in the back for a while."
"You are such a lovely child" he said as he handed you a piece of the strawberry candy he always kept around, "how much I wish you were my granddaughter!"

You giggled softly at his statement, having heard it about a bazillion times since you met the man, taking the candy and popping it into your mouth before heading to the back.

You truly did loved your job.

The calm atmosphere and the quietness of it made it just the best place that could exit.

So you started your shift with a smile om your face and a positive attitude as the atmosphere of the place lightened your mood.

Yet, your peace did not last long.

Shortly after you beggan organizing one of the many stack of books, the shop's bell signaled you of the presence of a costumer, which made you gather all your attention at the front door.

You looked at the familiar face smiling back at you with a sense of panic as the need to call the store owner for help started to grow.

Standing at the doorway of your workplace was Jeon Jungkook who held two paper cups from the coffee shop across the street.

"I brought a peace offerings" he said as he offered you one of the cups with a smile illuminating his face, "I didn't know what you like so I just got you the most popular drink...the barista said girls loved this drink."

And as you stood there frozen in time, Jungkook took it upon himself to grab your hand and place the hot container on it.

He smiled at you once again before turning his gaze into the overflowing bookcases that filled the small shop. Curiosity illuminating his expression as he read some of the tittles out loud.

"There is books about everything here" he mumbled to himself as you observed him with caution.

How did he even know I work here? You asked yourself.

"What are you doing?" You suddenly asked, intrigue slowly forming inside of you, as you placed the unwanted drink on top of the counter.
"Investigating an old bookstore" he said which made you scoff in response, "okay, you got me. I came to make up with you...or something like that?"

His answer was something that you were absolutely not expecting.

You stared at the boy who in return looked back at you. His stare sending a cold shiver down your spine.

"Listen Y/N," Jungkook said as he stepped closer to where you stood, "I know that my past self was just an overall asshole, but you can't blame my present self for that shitty attitude...I'm willing to apologize and try my best to fix.."

"Your past self pretty much destroyed my life!" you said, cutting his words short, as you felt build up anger starting to be released by your tired body.

Jungkook looked at you lost, as if your words were too much for him to process, his smile disappearing from his face.

"I don't care about your present or future self" you continued, your voice raising with every new word, "And I don't need any pathetic excuse of an apology that you can give me."

"I had no idea you hated me that much" he muttered in response.
"Why would I not hate the person that made my life a living hell?" You shouted at him. Tears begging to fall down your cheeks as you could no contain your emotions.

Jungkook tried to get closer to you but all you did was flinch and back away rapidly from him.
You did not want to feel his hands on you.

"I think is time for you to leave young man" said the owner of the shop, who probably woke up from his nap by the sound of your screams, "it seems you are not welcome by my adorable Y/N"

You looked at the old man with relieve in your eyes as he had become your hero once again in your life.

Jungkook, however, fell silent upon the elder's command. He politely bowed at him and with a last glance in your direction he left the store silently.