Second Life [pt.1]

)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-(

Three years later

I walked towards the gate with a wobble to my step, courtesy of starving myself to display a realistic act. With my age, being eight years old, and my performance into deceiving the gate guards (probably Izumo and Kotetsu).

The wind ruffled my dark grey hair, just a shade away from black before someone, Kotetsu, shouting, "Hey, you there! Show your identification if you chose to enter Konoha."

The two guards peer from their small shed, eyes widening at my own small form, their voices lighten, just a bit, "Hey kid, what are you doing here? Out here alone? Where's you parents?"

Like a flick of a switch, my expression turned south, eyes watering, figure trembling, "M-my name is Basuto... my parents were killed by bandits, ma told me that Konoha was safe..!" My mouth wobbled, "I... I wanna be ninja so I can stop 'em!" With all of these factors plus my impromptu adding of a shaking voice, the two guards were sold.

They eye each other with a frown, exchanging words before one of them walks up towards me, bending to my height with a nice (not gentle!), but nice smile. "Here kid, I'll escort you to someone who can help settle you in."

He grabs my hand, leading me into the village that was built like a maze, probably intended to do so, passing by a familiar building, the Hokage Tower. And by a random chance, the Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi stood outside the entrance.

He held his pipe between his fingers, blowing a puff of smoke into the air before his eyes descended on one of his most trusted Chunin, Kotetsu.

"Aah, Kotetsu-kun..." His eyes trail to meet my own, "...who do we have here?"

Kotetsu's stance straighten at the voice, "Hokage-sama!" He glances down at me before meeting the Hokage's eyes, "This is Basuto-kun... he wants to apply citizenship."

Hiruzen makes a noise of understanding, "is that so?" He glances at the sun, "Well, I have some time right now, why don't we settle this in my office?"

It takes a few hours, especially when I mention my cowardice clan in the Land of Lightning, but by the end of day, I leave the Tower with an apartment deed, some money and a stipend each month for daily needs. An chunin leads me around, dropping me off. 

¤◇¤◇¤◇¤◇¤◇¤

Glancing around my apartment, I take in the moderately small but enough to fit necessities. Unpacking what little I owned, before checking out the fridge: empty. 

Well, I kinda regret starving myself now.

With nothing else except a starving stomach, taking a stroll through the village in the search of food, and also finding landmarks and such, was a outstanding idea. Mentally jotting down any back alleys for future references, can't be too careful.

While walking down the street, I managed to spot a blond that wore an atrocious orange short-sleeved hoodie. Ducking into a nearby food stall, I switch my attention to the food instead, keeping in mind that my ultimate goal was to avoid the Rookie 9 for as long as possible and not stand out-- getting all the clan heirs and heiress attention is not the ideal.

¤◇¤◇¤◇¤◇¤◇¤

The first day of the academy

Its been about a week since I've came here and adapting was quicker than I initially thought, that week came in and out faster then I had hoped