Chapter 5

Serpentina scanned the streets, her glowing yellow eyes narrowed. Behind her, she had a line of pink-eyed servants that had been hit with her venom.

"Marinette? Where are youuu?"

Suddenly, she heard footsteps to her left. She looked out among the deserted streets, where abandoned cars sat.

"Marinette, I know that's you!" Serpentina cackled, raising her hands and sending her snake pets out to retrieve her.

Then, all of a sudden, Nino appeared out from behind one of the cars and walked towards Serpentina.

"Ah," she grinned, lowering her hands. "I was wondering when you would arrive, my loyal servant."

"My queen!" Nino bowed, his pink eyes unwavering.

"Now to find that pest Marinette so we can properly exterminate her," Serpentina snarled, clenching her fists. "Not to mention, we will find my King and reunite him with me!"

In the blink of an eye, Ladybug swooped in with her yoyo, extending her legs and kicking Serpentina in the head. The recoil sent her falling to the ground, her head spinning.

Ladybug landed across from the akuma, standing tall and confidently. "Sorry to break it to you, but this ends now."

"Ah, Ladybug. I was awaiting your arrival," Serpentina mused, clicking her tongue and getting to her feet. "Surely you know that causing harm to a royal is punishable by death!"

And with that fiery statement, the akuma unleashed a battalion of snakes, as well as her minions.

The snakes slithered towards her at an alarmingly fast pace, hissing violently. Ladybug waited until they were close enough to her before springing out of the way and soaring over to the unguarded Serpentina.

"Fatal mistake, your Highness," Ladybug teased, wrapping her yoyo around Serpentina's wrists. "Now you're unprotected."

"I don't think so," she smirked, her mouth opening and her snake tongue tensing.

Ladybug squeaked, quickly ducking as a shot of pink venom flew over her head. With that distraction, Serpentina was able to free herself from Ladybug's yoyo and quickly grabbed the superhero by her neck, gripping tightly.

"You know, maybe I'll reconsider. I think I would like to have you as my servant," Serpentina smiled, preparing another shot of venom.

But before she could do anything more, Chat Noir appeared, extending his staff into Serpentina's side. She was thrusted to the side, yelping and letting go of Ladybug.

"Sorry I didn't come sooner," Chat grinned. "You know I have a hiss-tory of being late."

Ladybug rolled her eyes, panting for air after having being death gripped by the akuma. "If I hadn't almost died just now, I would so punch you."

Serpentina rose to her feet, eyes burning with fire and hatred. "Anymore superheroes that are going to knock me to the ground that I should know about?!?"

"No, but I don't mind doing it again," Chat shrugged.

Serpentina sent her army of snakes towards the pair again, this time one wrapping itself around Chat's ankle. He tried to shake it off, but to no avail. It clinged on to his leg, restricting his movement slowly. Other snakes started creeping up his legs.

"Ahh!" Chat screamed, his eyes wide and limbs flailing everywhere.

Ladybug flung her yoyo at the snakes to keep them away. A mass had circled around her and it was becoming impossible to ward them all off, for Serpentina only had to summon them with her hands.