Happy Birthday Aaliyah

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIYAH!" Amber yelled waking her daughter up. Aaliyah screamed herself awake and Amber laughed.

"Mommy why did you scare me"

"I wanted to surprise you princess"

"Why?"

"Why? Because your turning six today"

"Am I?"

"Yes baby, you told me yesterday"

"I did?"

"Yes, now come on mommy made you an extra special breakfast" Aaliyah jumped into her mothers arms and they walked out of her room into the dining room, Aaliyah gasped.

"Mommy this is a whole lot of food"

"I know baby because we have a few people over" she looked at me confused. I sat her on her feet and turned her around to face the living room where she saw August, Vanessa, Anthony, Andrea, Daniel, Marianne, Michael and Charles.

"Grandma Mary, Grandma Annie" she couldn't pronounce Andrea. Amber ran towards her grandmothers and hugged them.

"Aw, angel face. I missed you"

"Grandpas!" she yelled running towards them, she hugged Daniel, Charles, and Michael.

"Aw, we missed you too princess" Michael kissed her cheek.

"Are,you staying for my birthday"

"Uh-huh, and someone else is here too" Marianne told her but Amber shushed her.

"But..."

"Mother no"

"Fine"

"Thank you, now everyone lets be seated so we can eat breakfast as a family" they all sat down and Amber served everyone plates, there was waffles, chocolate and blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs with cheese, grits, bacon, sausage, and a lot of fruit.

"Daddy what are we gonna do for my birthday?"

"Well, we have your friends coming and a bunch of your cousins, on both sides"

"Is Alise and Yo-yo coming?" she said referring to Yahara.

"Yes"

"And Moni, and Asia, and Lucas, and Mika, and Natallia"

"That girl is not your cousin" Marianne said.

"Yes she is Aaliyah"

"No she isn't, why are you lying to my sweet and innocent grandchild?"

"I'm not, she looks up to Natallia like a big sister, like she does Yahara and Alise, even Lucas with his bad ass"

"Hey, leave my nephew alone" August defended.

"Please, he thinks every girl looks his way"

"Maybe they do, I pulled you"

"I made you work for me"

"Didn't have to work hard" Vanessa mumbled, Amber looked at her.

"Excuse me?"

"I said I think my waffle is a little hard"

"Sorry, we couldn't make it as soft as the spot on your brain, but maybe next time we'll do better" Marianne said before August spoke.

"Nah, you were easy to pull, you been looking my way"

"Or maybe I was looking past you, your friends were cute"

"Not as cute as August"

"Ms Vanessa..."