Chapter 15

Jean in the m/m

A month later...

Amber's POV...

I was downstairs cooking breakfast while Aaliyah was upstairs getting herself dressed. Her exact words were:

"Mommy move I want to find my own clothes"

"Baby are you sure?"

"Duh, I'm not a baby anymore, I am six. Now go make me breakfast"

"Ooh, diva diva" I shook my head as she waved me away and used the little strength she had to push me out of her room and close the door. I couldn't even be mad because all it did was make me laugh. My phone ringing brought me out of my own thoughts, as I flipped the last pancake I grabbed it off the counter and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Amber" I knew that accent anywhere.

"Oh hi Jean"

"Hello beautiful, how are you today?" me and Jean had been texting and talking nonstop since the club. After dancing all night we exchanged numbers and said our goodbyes, but that didn't stop us from getting to know each other.

"I'm fine how are you?"

"I am fine now that I can hear your voice" blushing

"So what made you call me today?"

"Well, as god was waking me up, my first instinct was to call a queen... So I decided to see what my personal queen was up to" Oh. My. God, the way he talks to me with his accent is so sexy.

"Well, I am a not so busy woman today. I was actually just going to take my baby to school and take the day off, because if I'm not working I'm always busy doing something else and now that I have my shoe line up and running and I'm currently still in the middle of expanding my shop, I don't have to drop everything and get to work... But, now Kevin is blowing up my phone asking for unnecessary things, I mean he actually brought up the fact that Michael has a TV in his shop with females shaking what they mama gave them and now he wants one to "balance out the estrogen and testosterone" in the shop. No, I'll be damned if he show stuff like that in my shop we may have combined their barbershop, but it is still my building. I don't even have a TV, why because we talk. We have a good old fashioned conversation like in Beauty Shop the Queen Latifah movie..."

"Baby, baby, calm down" I took a deep breath.

"I can see you need this break"

"Yes I really do, but enough about me. What about you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Do you have anything planned for today?"

"Well actually... Do you remember when I said I wanted to move one day?"

"Yes I do, have you found a state yet?" it's true for about two weeks now he's been wanting to leave Jamaica and move somewhere else. Jean is a big shot detective and he's been trying to transfer to a different state.

"Yes I have"

"What state?"

"Atlanta, Georgia. You might actually know the state"

"No way, are you serious?"

"Yes"

"Did you move here for me or you, because I would hate that you moved here for me and things don't go according to plan and... That just wouldn't be logical"

"Now why would things go according to plan?"

"Jean you know what I mean"

"Well, to answer your question I actually liked the way you described Atlanta, so I looked it up and I liked what I saw. Plus Nia and Kaleel also approved since they found out that you lived there yes, he had two kids and they were absolutely adorable. Nia was 8 and Kaleel was 7 years old, they were left by their mom about three weeks ago. Jean was saddened to find his kids on his doorstep with a note saying: