~Chapter Eighteen~

Katniss POV

     Now I'm not disappointed at all about Peeta not coming to the appointment. If he had I wouldn't be able to surprise him which I've been wanting to do.
     I spend my whole walk to the bakery thinking about how I should surprise him. Should I just come right out and say it, or do something bigger... I really don't know.
     When I reach the bakery I peer in the window seeing one of the cutest sights ever. Peeta is kneeling down with a pink frosted cookie in his hand, giving it to a little girl. She takes it from him and runs up to give him a big hug, making him fall backwards. His smile lights up the room. He catches my eye and waves me in as the family of the little girl leaves.
     I walk in and hug Peeta for a minute before he looks at me and asks,
     "So what did the doctor say?" Now I get nervous. What do I tell him? Is now the time to just come out and say it or should I lie and surprise him later?
     "Well- um, she said that it's really not a big deal. Just a stomach bug. Don't worry ok?" He doesn't look convinced but thankfully he doesn't push any farther.
     "Ok," he says and turns back to the counter, " I've only got about an hour left, why don't you go home and rest."
     "Ok honey, love you!" Even though I'm not going home, I agree. I give him one last hug and head to the store.
     On the way there I think more about what I should do to surprise him. I've got a few ideas but it's hard to choose. This is our first child and I want to do it perfectly... who knows if I'll get another chance?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     "Honey! I'm home!" Ok, here we go. Today's the day. It's been two weeks since I've found out about the baby and today's when I'm going to tell Peeta.
     "Hey! I'm in here!" I call from the baby's soon-to-be room. In the middle of the floor sits the surprise. I got a woven basket from the store and filled it with a white fluffy blanket. On top is a black and white striped onesie with my ultrasound picture next to it. Sitting up in the back is a sign that says "Baby Mellark Coming March 23rd, 2019"
     I hear Peeta walking up the steps, he's not very quiet. At all. The door creaks open and he steps inside. His eyes scan the room as he talks,
     "What are you doing in he-" his sentence is cut short when he sees the basket. He walks over and drops to his knees. He looks at it for a good two minutes before looking up at me with tears in his eyes.
     "Katniss?"he asks slowly, "are you-" I nod, feeling my eyes fill with tears as well. He smile bigger than I've ever seen him smile before and runs over to me. I stand up and we hug tightly.
     "You're gonna be a daddy Peeta,"