~Chapter Twenty~

Katniss POV

I've been working on cleaning the house all day today. I want it to be very clean so when we come back from the hospital I don't have to worry about cleaning and can focus on the baby.
     I'm due any day now so I'm extremely nervous. So is Peeta. He's had a hard time these past few weeks going to work because he's afraid I'll go into labor while he's gone. The timer in the kitchen goes off indicating my blueberry muffins are done. I run in there, well not literally because with my big belly it's nearly impossible, and take the muffins out of the oven. After they're out and on the counter I quickly grab one and take a big bite, but something is missing. Oh! I know, hot sauce. I know, I know, weird, but this baby has me craving the craziest things.
     As I'm making my way over to the fridge a sharp pain shoots through my stomach making me drop my muffin. I'm standing there, doubled over in pain, holding the counter for support as one thought goes through my mind. The baby is coming, and right now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peeta POV

     As I'm sitting in my office writing an email to my boss requesting time off when the baby comes, I get a phone call from Katniss.
     "Hey Kat what's wr-"
     "Peeta, you need to come home. It's time." She's panicking by now so I try my best to calm her down as I pack up my things.
     "Alright, look honey, it's okay, just calm do-"
     "Calm down?!" She yells, "what do you mean calm down?! Have you ever given birth before?!" Oh dear,
     "Okay, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'll be there in ten minutes. Love you."
     "Love you too." She sighs, "Sorry for freaking out," the pain must have subsided for now because she's much calmer.
     "That's okay hun. See you in a bit." I end the call and drive home as fast as I can.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Katniss POV

     Small cries fill the room as I breathe a sigh of relief. It's been ten long, hard, hours and I've finally welcomed my baby girl into the world. Once the doctors have finished cleaning her up they lay her on my chest. 
     "She's perfect," Peeta whispers admiring her. She has my brown hair, well as much of it as you can see right now, and my nose. When she opens her eyes minutes later, it is revealed that she also has Peeta's blue eyes.
     After an hour of quiet, and baby admiring, all of our family and friends come in. They all walk over and stand around the bed and stare at our baby.
     "Would yall like to hold her?" I ask quietly as to not wake her. They all nod yes in return so I carefully hand her to my mom first.
     "She's beautiful Katniss!" She whispers. I smile and Prim speaks up,
     "What's her name?" Everyone looks at me expectantly. Peeta and I didn't fully decide on her name until last week, so we figured we would wait until she was born to tell everyone else.
     "Emma Willow Mellark." I say finally. Effie gasps and dramatically covers her mouth with her hand.
     "I LOVE it!" She exclaims.
     After a while everyone has held Emma and Peeta announces it's time for them all to leave so I can get some, much needed, rest. I happily take Emma back as everyone files out of the room. Haymitch, the last to leave walks over to me and plants a kiss on my head, his eyes tearing up, before saying,
     "Nice job sweetheart."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     I wake to a loud bang. My eyes fly open and I realize where I am. I'm no longer in the hospital. No longer in my normal home. But in Peeta's strong arms. In a cave. In the games.

It was all just a dream.

                         •THE END•