Nine

• bill •

"Bill, come find me!" Georgie said hopefully. But Georgie was nowhere to be seen.

"Where are you? Georgie?" I yelled, looking around hurriedly. Surrounding me were a few dark houses- I was on a street. Stepping forward, I inhaled the cold, crisp air. The slick pavement, and also the puddle that was soaking my shoe that I had just stepped in, told me it had just rained not too long ago. Streetlights casted shadows from cars, a lone, abandoned bicycle, and one person in the road; me.

I recognized this street. Ashen Drive, one of the lesser populated streets in my neighborhood. Someone killed their girlfriend with a chainsaw in one of these houses; another ran a meth lab here about a year ago. It got busted.

Ashen Drive was basically the Elm Street of streets in Derry, aside from Neibolt.

"Georgie!" I screamed again. He was still alive! Afrer the past week of being missing, it was good to know he was still out there...

"Bill, please! I'm scared! Please help me, there's a man! To your left! Please Bill, I wanna go home!"

i woke up in a cold sweat. a hot flash. whatever you call it.

   sitting up, i checked my phone. no texts that was alright.

Bill: stanley are you awake? please answer

Stanley: We went over this, but yes. And, why? Did something happen?

Bill: yes

Bill: georgies alive stanley

Stanley: He is? How?

Bill: meet me ar the begginin of ashen drive hrry

Bill: ill text richxie if thats okay with you?

Stanley: Go ahead. That might be counter-productive in the long run if we're supposed to be "saving" Georgie, but it's not my little brother.

Bill: ok whatever

Bill: come armed

Stanley: Uhm. I'm not so sure about this now- arned? Why?

Bill: or not

Bill: you know, u dont have to come

Bill: but i am

Bill: so bye

Stanley: No, wait. I am. I just have questions, and I want you to be safe..

Stanley: Are you there?

Bill: good

   i pulled on some clothes, ran my fingers through my hair a few times, and stole a pocket knife and flashlight from my dad. then i snuck outside and pedaled my dumb ass to ashen drive.