17. Fight

Momo woke up to her morning alarm. She turned it off and squinted at the ceiling. She smiled as she recalled what happened last night. She kicked up her legs in a fit of excitement and flailed about.

She brushed her teeth, took a bath and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.
She was startled when a pair of hands gripped the counter trapping her between two muscular arms.

'Did I scare you?' Jeongyeon chuckled.

'Yes.'

He lightly leaned his body on her back and kissed her head. She suddenly felt shy because this was all new for them.

'You are distracting me. We don't wanna eat burnt breakfast today,' she said. He laughed and kissed her head again.

'All right, I will wait in the living room,' he said and left.
-------------

Jeongyeon and Momo were riding bus to work together. He took her hand in his. She smiled interweaving her fingers between his and holding tight.

'Don't get too close with Sana,' he said.

'Eh?' Momo laughed.

'What are you laughing about? You know what she thinks of you.'

'You are really adorable when you're jealous,' she said smiling at him. He cleared his throat and pretended he didn't hear it.

'Sana is like sister to me. I know where you're coming from. She was just acting to see your reaction,' she said.

'You mean she doesn't have that kind of feelings for you?'

She nodded and he sighed in relief.

'Wait... That means I was being fooled? And I fell for it?'

She nodded again and laughed. First he acted like he was indignant but then he chuckled with her.

----------

Chaeyoung didn't see Mina all day at work. Mina didn't come in their office to bully him or to give him extra works. He was glad for that and at the same time he felt weird.

After work, when he went to get his motorcycle he lingered around in the parking lot for about 30 minutes to see if she came out. He saw her car, but maybe she was working overtime, she didn't come out. Eventually he left without seeing her.

Next day at break time he went to her office to see her because he became curious. He knocked at her door and peeked his head in. She looked up from the papers she was working on.

'Did you call for me?' he said.

'No,' she said confused.

'Oh, someone told me you did. It must be a prank. They must be teasing me since I almost became your office boy hahaha,' he lied. 'I will go then.'

'Why did I feel like seeing that evil boss?' he thought as he headed to the cafeteria.

Kim Sook had to submit a performance report for the team by the end of their shift. Chaeyoung was aware of it. Everyone was wrapping up to leave.

'Sunbaenim, what are you doing?'

'I have to give this to the manager. Why?' Sook said.

'You look tired. Let me take that to her,' he said.

'Aigoo, you're being so good. Did you make any trouble and you're doing this to cover it up or you feel guilty?'

'No, no, I just wanted to help. You look tired.'

'Okay, here' she handed the report to him.

'See you later Chaeyoung.'

Chaeyoung saw a man who looked like in his 50s standing besides Mina's office door. He stopped Chaeyoung from entering.