twenty-two

🍤Louis🍤

I walk into the hotel room we've been staying at. I check the mirror that's hanging on the bathroom door and fix my hair which I styled into a quiff this morning.

The clock on my iPhone reads as 1:28 am. Moving away from my own image, I start towards the bed. Without even looking, I fall onto the what's supposed to be soft mattress, yet a hard object sat below me. A groan comes from under me and I turn to see Reagan.

Her face was screwed up in pain and Liam is starting to wake up. I stand up quickly and a load of apologies fall from my mouth. Her reaction surprises me though. Instead of yelling or cursing me out, she laughs. Liam looks confused but I'm too busy laughing along with her.

"What are you laughing about, bafoon?", Liam chuckles at Reagan. I can't help but see the way he stares at her. I have to admit, the first time I saw her I was left stunned. Her beauty not only shows through her looks, but through her personality too. While I would love to be able to call her mine, she belongs with Liam. You can tell by the way they banter back and forth, their witty comebacks matching perfectly.

As a kid, I never believed the saying 'opposites attract'. But Reagan and Liam have changed a lot about how I think. It's easier for me to think about things like love and patience than it ever has been.

It sounds cheesy, right? Me being the boy who falls in love with his best friend's girl?

I haven't told anyone how I feel about Reagan. Not even Harry, my best friend. Despite what people think of me, I've only slept with three girls. How do I have sex with someone when all I picture is Reagan? That's why I went to the club tonight, I wanted to pick up a girl and just for a little, even if only for a couple of minutes, I wanted to be able to picture myself with her.

👑Reagan👑

I laugh at Liam's use of the word "bafoon". Louis' face turns serious and he looks to me.

"Can I talk to you Reagan?"

I nod and smile at Liam before walking out of the room with Louis. He slides down the wall just outside the hotel room and sighs. He leans his head back slightly to rest it on the wall.

"What's wrong Lou?", I ask before the silence drags on too long.

"I need help with some relationship issues Reagan... It's quite complicated."

"Shoot", I grin at him.

"Well there's a girl I like, but I don't think she likes me back. She has a boyfriend and she seems happy but I can't help wanting to be with her. She makes me smile, laugh, she just makes me happy in general."

I try to guess at who Louis is talking about. "What's her name?"

Louis closes his eyes and lets out a throaty laugh. "Kylie."

I giggle at the name, "I had a hamster named Kylie when I was four. In fact, I was telling Liam about it yesterday-", my hand flies up to my mouth.

"Oh my God! Louis-I-!"

"I told you it was complicated."

"I... Louis...!"

He's smiling, but tears glide down his cheeks. He looks like he's in pain and it hurts to know why. I look into his crystal blue eyes and attempt to snap out of shock.

"I'm sorry that I put this on you, you have no idea how much I want these feelings to go away Reagan!"

"Say something, anything", he adds. My heart breaks when his voice cracks slightly at the end.

Author's Note⬇️

HEY GUYS!!!!!!! I took my math final today! It was pretty easy but I won't know my score for a little while😪 Anyway I love you guys!!!!

COMMENT

VOTE

ADD TO YOUR READING LIST

FOLLOW ME

AND DON'T FORGET TO SMILE!!!!!