nineteen

👑Reagan👑

I walked away from the jail solemnly. Seeing Liam behind those intimidating bars really shook me up. Being told that he's in there is one thing, but physically seeing him is a different story.

"Um, is... Is it better than it looks?", I ask quietly, turning to Harry.

"Worse", he whispers.

A shiver takes over my body and Harry slips off his black leather jacket. Placing it on my shoulders, he gives me a caring smile. Harry has to be my favorite out of the four boys with me. Liam of course is my number one, but Harry is so compassionate and kind. All of the boys have been nice to me, but Harry goes the extra mile to make me feel comfortable.

Harry taps me lightly on my shoulder and I snap out of my thoughts.

"The boys are going to a club later, do you feel comfortable with that? Are you tired?"

"I don't really feel in the mood to be around sweaty drunks, I'll pass", I lightly chuckle, as does he.

"I'll take you back to the hotel", he smiles assuringly.

"Are you sure? You can go if you want, I'm fine with walking back."

"No, it's fine love. Come on, I'll call a cab real fast."

"What about a cab?", Niall strolls over.

Harry tells Niall the plans and Niall grins like a little kid on Christmas morning.

"Just borrow my bike man, it's chill with me."

Harry mutters a small thank you and takes the keys from Niall's hand. I trail after the bright-eyed boy as he tossed and caught the keys. I stare at the motorcycle.

"What's wrong, you don't like bikes?", Harry smirks.

"Oh I like bikes, I just don't like motorcycles."

"Come on Reagan, it's not THAT bad", his smirk still showing through.

"I'm trusting you Styles, ruin it and I'll ruin your face."

Harry laughs at my attempt to be tough and swings his right leg over the motorcycle. I crawl on behind him, wary of the ride ahead. "No helmets?", I question.

"Nope."

As the engine revs, I adjust myself to a comfortable position, my arms wrapped tightly around his solid torso. The bike eases forward and I cringe. Soon, I begin to laugh involuntarily. I hadn't even realized how much fun it was until I heard my faint voice shouting in the wind, "I LOVE THIS!"

Harry's back shakes when he laughs and I build up the courage to lift one hand off his chest. The affect sends an adrenaline rush through my body which doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon.

Another ten minutes pass by quickly and soon I spot the hotel. People walk the streets, enjoying their time staying at the hotel, but for me, it's a nightmare.

I slide my key into the door and pull it back out. An almost inaudible thud is heard from the bathroom, like someone fell off balance and tried to catch themselves on the door or the counter.

"Someone's hiding in the bathroom Harry", I whisper.

"Hiding?"

"They broke in and someone is IN the bathroom!", I whisper-yell at him.

He moves my 5'8 frame to the side and lets out a fake laugh. "I had a great time tonight babe, how about we get this show on the road?" His fake American accent gives me happiness.

I laugh, playing along. "Sure thing hun, let me just freshen up in the bathroom", I comment with a pretty good country accent.

Harry nods and starts to undress. I look at him wide-eyed but he motions that he's not gonna do anything.

I open the bathroom and peer around. Nothing.

Pulling back the shower curtain, I let out a shriek. A man with a small black pistol stood beneath the shower head. My face had surely paled by then, I could see out of the corner of my eye that Harry was blocking the door.

I moved slightly to the left.

"Harry, come here", I let out a shaky breath.

He creeps in and quickly draws a hand-gun I hadn't noticed on him. "Step out and show your face", he seethes.

The man steps out, his lanky body reaching just below the stout ceilings of the hotel restroom. His drooping face made me shudder. It was sort of creepy, the way his hair was styled. Like someone you see at the morgues in horror movies.

Harry quickly puts up the gun. "What the hell man, I thought you were from the Què Padręs gang!"

I look confusedly from Harry to the intruder.

The middle-aged man holds out a slightly wrinkled hand, which I shake. "And you are?", he asks politely.

"Reagan."

"Lovely to meet you Reagan", he smiles and pats me on the shoulder.

"I wish I could say the same but my first impressions weren't too good", I chuckle. The man laughs along and I see Harry's jaw clench ever-so-slightly.

"Tommy, what are you doing here?"

"I came to see Liam, but you'll do."

Harry motions for me to sit down in the living room and I obey quietly. I hear their hushed whispers through the now-closed door, but I can't make out the words. I pull out my phone and smile at the picture of Liam, my mom, and I in the hospital. I wonder how she's doing... Is she comfortable? Happy? Does she miss me as much as I miss her?

I dial her number and wait patiently for her to pick up the hospital phone. When she doesn't, I call the front desk, who's number I memorized by heart. "Hello, you've reached St.Jude's Cancer Research Facility, how may I help you?"

"Hi, I'd like an update on my mom", I respond.

"Her room number please?"

"248."

"And the answer to the security question?"

"Reagan The Fairy"

The woman lets out a small laugh and then quickly apologizes.

"She's your mum you said?"

"Yes, is something wrong?"

"She... She's not here anymore."

"When did she check out? She was supposed to be there longer", the thoughts of the time-span the doctor had given me rattles my whole body.

"She didn't check out honey. She passed away last night at 11:51 p.m..

I quickly hang up. She was supposed to be here longer! I was supposed to see her again!! I grab the lamp from beside me and throw it on the ground. The shattered glass scatters around me and I sink to the floor. My eyes sting, my body feels so weak, like I'll pass out any second, and my head pounds. A whip of brown hair is all I see before my vision goes black.