I walk to the wall, or the small barrier that was keeping us from tumbling down the beautiful mountainside.

Doris approaches from the side, then, she was in front of me, and I was glaring at her, hard.

"If it helps Steve out, I did leave for a little while." I huff, forcing myself not to roll my eyes. "Emily, it was the best thing to do at the time. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you or come find you sooner. It was in your best interest that I leave."

"It was in my best interest? My mother blew up when I was eight years old!" I say harshly, giving her an incredulous look.

"And I have thought about you every day since." I scoff.

"You have only ever thought about yourself. Even when you were a decent mother."

"I'm sorry for hurting you." I smile sarcastically.

"Me too." Then, I turn around and walk back to Steve and Danny, who seemed to be arguing in front of my vehicle.

"Is that what you wanted, Steven?" I turn my back to him, not really wanting to hear the response.
---------------

Danny Williams's POV

I heard her as soon as she pulled in. I looked over at Steve. "This is going to backfire."

"Maybe it won't." He says in response.

"You know, it's not nice to lie about a case, Steven." He turns around and gives her a look.

I walk around her, knowing that I was to try and convince her to stay here if she tried to leave.

The passenger door of his truck slammed closed, and Emily's head turned quicker than I could think about it.

"Steve, what the hell?" She looks to him for an explanation. "You told me she left."

"You two need to talk, Emily." I watch as she shakes her head in disagreement.

"No, we really don't." She turns, but I take a step forward. She's a few inches from me when she stops. "Danny, please move." I give her a look of my own.

"Emily..." She reaches her arm out, trying to push me to the side. I catch it though, surprising the both of us.

"Danny, let me go." She says in a harsh whisper, but I stare back at her with the same amount of intensity that she held in her eyes.

"Five minutes." I whisper. "Give her five minutes." She glares, but I hold my ground, knowing that this would be good for her, if it turns out as I hoped.

"Fine." She says with her teeth clenched together. She turns back to Steve, who seemed to already be looking at us. "Two minutes." She says to Steve, who nods in agreement.

I keep my gaze locked onto her as she walks away, Doris quickly following.

Steve is standing next to me a few seconds later.

"You can't expect them to make up so soon. And you can't force Emily to forgive your mom, not after everything she's done." He looks over at the two.

"What's going on between you two?" Steve asks, I roll my eyes.

"You're changing the subject." I reply, following his gaze and letting my eyes settle on his sister.

"And you're avoiding the question." I sigh, rubbing the back of my neck. "They may not make up, but at least I'm trying."

"That night after she was kidnapped, when she was staying with me." I sigh while looking over at her. "When we left the bar, almost a month ago, we were drunk. Then..." I sigh deeply, knowing I was going to get it, but he just chuckled.