That Boy You Love

Anthony's POV

All eyes were on us. The whole chapel was silent except for the traditional wedding music being played in the corner. I slightly turned my head to look over at Ian, who was walking next to me with our arms linked. His cheeks were a soft pink and he had a soft, small smile on his lips. I smiled too, dreamily looking at him out of the corner of my eye.

I didn't notice how long I was looking at him until our fathers sat in their seats. I gestured for Ian to go under the arch first, and I went second. I could feel everyone's eyes piercing through my soul, especially one pair of eyes that was very, very familiar. Kalel's. I'm not sure if we even invited her, but one thing I was sure of was that the wedding would be five thousand times better if she were here. I could rub it in her face that I was in love with someone else. That I was MARRYING someone else. We stood in silence for a few seconds, and the minister opened his bible and began reading. Ian and I looked deep into eachother's eyes.

The minister cleared his throat.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God - and in the face of this company - to join together these two men in holy matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore - is not by any - to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly - but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

The church was absolutely silent. There were a few people crying. Ian and I didn't break eye contact.

"We are here to witness the joining in marriage of Ian and Anthony. This occasion marks the celebration of love and commitment with which these two men will begin their life together. By gathering together all the wishes of happiness and our fondest hopes for Ian and Anthony from all present here, we assure them that our hearts are in tune with theirs.This relationship stands for love, loyalty, honesty and trust, but most of all for friendship." He cleared his throat.

I could see Ian's eyes become glassy, and I wanted so badly to take his hands and kiss him right then. But I couldn't...

"Do you, Ian, take Anthony to be your husband- to live together after God's ordinance - in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love him,comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?"

I let a happy tear fall down my cheek.

"I do," Ian said, smiling a small smile.

"Do you, Anthony, take Ian to be your husband - to live together after God's ordinance - in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I do," I managed to squeak out. Ian's tears broke and he smiled happily at me with tears running down his cheeks. I snuck a glance at Kalel. She had a disgusted look on her face. I looked around the chapel. Melanie was a wreck, so was Melissa. Our dads were smiling. Our moms were crying a lot.

"May I have the rings?" The minister suddenly asked.

Our ring bearer, Mathew, walked up the aisle with the rings and held them out to us. I picked up Ian's ring and slid it on his ring finger. He did the same for me.

"May these rings be blessed as the symbol of this affectionate unity. These two lives are now joined in one unbroken circle." The minister closed his bible.

"You may now kiss your partner!" He smiled. Ian and I looked deeply into each other's eyes. We took a step closer to eachother and Ian very softly put his lips on mine. This kiss wasn't rough, it wasn't harsh. It was full of love. "I now present to you- partners for life!" The minister smiled.

Soon, Ian and I broke away from our kiss and interlocked fingers with our chests touching.

We were married. Ian was now officially my other half. Releasing one of our hands, we lifted our still interlocked hands up and were rewarded with a large round of applause.

Everyone was dismissed for the cake and catering, leaving Ian and I alone in the chapel.

"I love you." I said, kissing Ian softly on the lips once again.

"I love you too," He said, wrapping his arms around me and resting his head on my shoulder.

I could not have asked for a better day in my life. My best friend was now my husband. It was all so unbelieveable how I went from loving Kalel one day to loving Ian the next. I have absolutely no regrets. How could I have been so blind to not realize that the perfect one for me was my best friend all along?

We held hands and walked out to join everyone else. Half of the crowd ran to us and asked us what last name we chose. Ian and I looked at each other and laughed.

"We couldn't decide!" Ian laughed.

We turned to face eachother. I looked at our friends who asked us the question. "Padicox," I smiled.