Love And Acceptance

Start from the beginning

" But Alex what we had was so good. "

"What we had was me compromising and you deciding, I convinced myself that was love but it's not I see that being with (Y/n) she doesn't need to get everything she wants me to have as much as she does, it's stupid but it's why she watches every episode of Wyonna Earp with me even though she hates it." Alex reasoned with a bright warm smile that made the other woman feel physically sick. "It's why she calls me when she gets home from work just to say she's safe even though she's basically made of Kryptonian steel, It's why she made a totally insane plan just so she could help my sister be happy."

" How can anyone be that perfect, it's not healthy. " She just needed to find a chink in her armor something that she could exploit to get Alex back because a life without her was unthinkable. 

Alex chuckled. "Oh she's not perfect sometimes she is downright the most annoying person in the world, and she gets me into so many embarrassing situations but she's my love and I wouldn't change it even if I could and I certainly wouldn't want to change her."

Footsteps echoed down the hallway making their presence known Alex winced at who it was, his eyes watching them both intently.

"Agent Danvers, what do we owe the pleasure of this visit?"

Alex paled how did she even begin to explain? That she'd come here because his daughter was Superwoman and she was working with Maggie Sawyer, or that she was here to see Maggie Sawyer, that would not go down well with the man, she'd lose him for life.

"Err Hi Detective (L/n) I was actually...."

The door behind them threw open and in walked (Y/n) minus her Superwoman suit a bright smile on her face. "Hi Dad, I told Alex to meet me here I was later than I thought I would be."

(Y/n)'s father took them all in his questioning eyes moving from one to the other. "Why would you tell her to meet you here?"

(Y/n) shrugged as though it was obvious. "Because I wanted to visit my Dad, of course, I feel like I see more of Cat than you ."

"And you thought I would want to see Alex too?"

Alex cringed at the coldness in his voice as his gaze shifted between Maggie and Alex suspicious.

"Of course Dad I told you we would be marrying."

Maggie felt her eyes open of their own accord, the thought of Alex marrying someone else pained her, Alex blushed under the older man's gaze.

"Yes, I remember." He nodded his face giving nothing away, Alex felt the hard lump in her throat as she tried to swallow down her anxiety. 

(Y/n) let out a laugh she hoped didn't sound too nervous, "So I'll guess Alex and I will be getting off now."

"I want to talk with you Danvers alone." He said firmly leaving no time for a reply as he headed off to his office, Alex turned towards (Y/n). 

"What does he want?"

"I don't know, just go and see so we can get the hell out of here." The chef turned her eyes onto Maggie, she'd heard everything she hadn't intended to stay and listen behind the door but that is what she had found herself doing, listening as Alex stood up for her, it had meant so much, at one point she felt tears fall from her eyes. 

"I'll be getting going I'll make sure to send copies of these files to you." Maggie quickly dismissed herself and left unwilling to spend any more time having to see the woman she loved with someone else. 

"I hate her." (Y/n) spat out as she watched her walk away. 

"Don't worry about her worry about me what does your father want with me?" Alex stressed annoyed that all her girlfriend could do was laugh at her discomfort. 

"I don't know go and find out before he gets really pissed off."

"Why what happens then?"

"He'll probably make you spend time with Cat." She warned. 

"You are not helping," Alex said her eyes fixed on the door the older man had just walked through. "If I don't come out in ten minutes come and rescue me okay."

(Y/n) smiled placing a soft lingering kiss to her mouth, just because she thought she needed a reward for what she had said to Maggie and having to face her father. "Okay."

                                                                      xxx

Alex closed the door behind her, her eyes glued to it as the gap grew smaller until the door was completely shut and her exit blocked. 

"You wanted to see me, Sir?" She said nervously. 

(Y/n)'s father looked up over a picture he was holding, it was the one he kept on his desk of his daughter. "Yes, don't worry I won't keep you long I know how impatient my daughter is when she is kept waiting, I think that is the head chef in her." He chuckled. "Once when she was about five we went to the beach, she always loved the beach her favorite thing was to make sandcastles and I was trying to show her how to make a tower but it kept falling down so she let out a huge impatient sigh and took the bucket off me so I couldn't do it anymore, she did her own tower far better than me."

Alex smiled imagining what five-year-old (Y/n) was like she could imagine little stumpy legs and small yet determined (e/c) eyes that were as vibrant and bright as they were today. 

(F/n) sighed putting down the picture onto his desk with delicate care. "She hasn't changed always was the same determined girl, always knew what she wanted even when I told her no she still fought for it."

Alex was feeling an ominous claw rising through her. "Is this what you wanted to talk to me about Sir?"

"No, it's not the only reason Danvers, sorry Alex."

Alex frowned. 

"You will find out one day when you have children how hard it is to watch someone hurt your child, you will hate them for it and you will want your child as far away from that person as possible, because you want to protect the one person you love with all your heart and soul to be safe and happy, and away from harm."

Alex felt her face flush. "Yes, sir."

"I felt that way about you, and when (Y/n) told me she'd forgiven you and taken you back I was very angry with you, I was convinced you'd hurt her again, that you were playing a game and enjoying it and my daughter's heart is not a toy Alex."

"Of course not sir, I treasure her."

The older man took a moment to contemplate her words, look into the depths of her eyes so much that Alex grew uncomfortable. "You will understand when you see your child's heartbroken, only then will you understand, I forgot in my own anger that (Y/n) is a woman with her own independent mind and will and she as I've said always knows what she wants, and she wants you I've been struggling to accept that but today I heard what you said to Sawyer."

Alex felt her eyes widen. OMG, which bits did he hear?

"You didn't know I was there so you can't have done it for my benefit, and I know words are cheap but the fact you said them to Sawyer seems to have put my mind at ease more."

"Ok."

"Just please look after her, she's my little girl but I know there are things she's not telling me she tries to protect me, just...just be there when she won't let me be there for her okay."

"Yes, sir you can count on it." Alex nodded her head seriously. 

"Hmm yes, I think I can, well Alex you may leave I'm sure (Y/n) is just about to come in here and steal you anyway just like she stole the bucket."

Just after he had finished speaking the door flew open and there stood wide-eyed was (Y/n), Alex couldn't help it she burst into laughter, was it possible for anyone to be so cute?