Chapter 75- The Interview

Start from the beginning

"Before we start Mr. Potter, you should know, Rita refused to let us touch her most recent articles, let alone proof read them. We've tried to sack anyone who has ill-reputed our paper. When it came to her, she begged for another chance. We irresponsibly let her."

"Obviously," Draco mumbled. The man stared for a bit and was interrupted by Emma Squiggle.

"Shall we get started then," she asked almost nervously, trying to break the ice.

"Excellent," Blotting opened up a notebook and got a quill ready to go, the others doing the same. "To begin, what were your first impressions of each other?"

They both opened their mouths to speak but looked at each other. "You go first," Harry ordered.

"No you!"

"Alright, er- I thought he was the most selfish bastard I'd ever seen to be honest with you," Harry bared his teeth.

"I thought he was the most judgmental prat in the entire world," Draco admitted. They received wild eyes across the panel. "He denied being friends with me when it all started. He thought I was rude, and I was at the time."

"And when did you begin getting feelings towards one another," Emma asked. They both looked at each other.

"Fourth year... but it's much more complicated than that," Harry said, "We didn't just connect all of a sudden. We loathed each other up until the Triwizard Tournament."

"And even then, my feelings for him remained that of revulsion," Draco shifted.

"How did your relationship get to be that of engagement then?"

"I hated him so much that I pretended I liked him- like, like-liked him," Draco explained, "and I wanted him to be distracted and love-sick for the tournament so he would lose, so I acted as though I had a giant crush on him."

"He asked me out on a fake date and from then on, I started developing a romantic attraction to him," Harry spoke awkwardly...well everyone did really. It was an awkward story. "And he did too, but I don't think he knew it yet."

Draco let out a laugh, "I didn't. I played it off well until he found out it was all just a game and, that night really didn't end well."

"But then he asked me out on a real one, and thankfully I said yes," Harry nodded.

"What was your first impressions then," Emma asked.

They looked at each other, mouths opened ready to speak and then they just laughed. "You go," Draco ordered.

"Aright," Harry took a deep breath, "There was something different about him that time. He made me curious, so to speak. I knew there was more to him that met the eye than just a bully." Harry thought back to it. "He was nervous, he was smiling, he apologized for the first time in his life... I found him magnetic. I wanted to know more, and him sort of discovering himself too drew me to him."

"I'm impressed," Draco nodded, staring into his eyes, wanting to keep them there, and he did, until Harry broke him from his trance.

"Draco, it's your turn."

"Right! To start off with, I was terrified. It was my first real date and I freaked out," Draco laughed at the memory, "I didn't know what to wear, and I thought it was the biggest thing in the world that I dressed properly. We went flying and he was obnoxious and careless, and I remember him being so alive and I just wanted to be like that. I wanted to feel as though I meant something rather than being ordered around like a minion, and of all the people in the world, the person I hated most made me want to be a better... me."