Chapter 48- War

There was a bone chilling knock at Draco's door. He jumped, a fright vibrating through his spine. It'd been a hours upon hours since he'd seen Harry, the most two-faced hours in his life. On one hand he felt he was yearning for the boy even more, wishing he could have at least kissed him one last time, but yet he was happy that Harry showed up and left. With him there, the temptation would grow too strong and his body would take over, whether his life in danger or not.

But then he was angry. Angry at himself for not taking the oppourtunity, or the fact Harry had the audacity

Before Draco had a chance to get up Bellatrix slammed the door open in full battle gear, a serious face accessorizing the leather attire.

"The boy. Potter. He's at Hogwarts. The Dark Lord will be calling for us any moment to attack." Draco's heart started to pound. Harry. "Draco you must listen. There is something I need you to do, a mission, that would be crucial for our side to be victorious. There are two steps. First, you need to go to the Room of Requirement. In there is a diadem with blue jewels, the Ravenclaw Diadem. Get it, and bring it to the Dark Lord."

"And the second?"

"Get the boy."

Draco froze. "Why would the Dark Lord want me of all people to fetch him?"

"He trusts you more than anyone on our side. Did you see his face when he saw you?" Did you see mine? "He's still in love with you. Act as though your on his side," I am, "and he will come with you voluntarily. This war will be over, less wizards and witches will die. He will be dead. It's up to you. Understand?"

The words rang in his ear. Get the boy. They swirled through his brain, taunting him. It was when the familiar burn on his arm called him so greatly that it tore through his bone that he replied. "Yes, Aunt Bellatrix," he whispered.

And with that she apparated.

Harry's there, in the castle. Find him. From then on, who knows what will happen, but at least you'll see him, protect him, he thought.

Draco decided to apparate in 3 minutes, enabling him to mentally prepare himself for the battle ahead. He could die. Harry could die.

Suddenly a wave of courage flowed over him. He wasn't going to die. Period. He's going to be there for him, protect him if he can. He knew what side he was on.

He took one last glance around the room, his eyes ending on the corner where he hid everything Harry gave him, all the memories they had together. Harry's jacket neatly folded, the toy lion, the basilisk fang from the Chamber of Secrets, the pocket watch, and all the pictures they took in the room of requirement. He almost ran to the table and grabbed his favorite picture before he disappeared from his bedroom.

-----------------------------

After Harry took hold and pocketed the diadem, Draco chose to speak. He'd watched him do it the whole time, how he touched it, how he knew it withheld so much power. He wished Harry still touched him like that.

That thought gave him the will to use his voice.

"What brings you here, Potter?" Draco's heart sped as he found the boy in the room of hidden things, his hair a mess and dirt everywhere. Battle hadn't been going on for more than an hour and he already looked beat to hell. But he wasn't sure whether or not to call him Harry, their relationship completely unfathomable at this point. The Manor had been too confusing for it's own good.

It was just them in the room, no Blaise or Goyle. Obviously the movie studio got it wrong.

Harry froze, looking up at him. "Draco," he whispered, a scab being ripped open. "I could ask you the same question."