Jealousy?

(John's P.O.V.)

Harry asked Sherlock some small talk questions; which I could sense he was uncomfortable about. He kept glancing in my direction, as if not knowing how to have a normal conversation.

'Enough small talk sis. You're making him uncomfortable!When are your friends getting here?'
~JW

'1 hour. And he is fine and really interesting. If you do not want me around go to the film room then!'
~Harry

'No you go to the film room!'
~JW

'There's popcorn and the chocolate fountain in the film room. But, I guess you don't want that.'
~Harry

'We will be going there after tea. Why did you ever suggest staying here?'
~JW

'No clue. Samantha is coming btw.'
~Harry

'The one with the weird eye?'
~JW

Our conversation was interrupted by Sherlock saying that the pasta was boiling over.

"Crap! John, sort out the pasta. I will make the sauce. Sherlock, cut the slices of olive bread and lay the table." Harry instructed; surprisingly relaxed.

We all set off at our stations, and I ended up helping Harry with hers. Grating the cheese, she leaned in and whispered, "You have feelings for him, don't you?"

"What do you mean?" I hissed back, not really trusting my voice.

"The way you talk about him, to him, look at him. I may be not all that bright, but I can understand people better than most can. I think he feels similar, although it is kinda hard to tell under that know-it-all demeanour. Ask him out."

"No, Harry I can't. What if he rejects me and I have no friends?" I said a bit too loud.

"So you do have feelings for him? Even I have to admit, he is cute with his cheekbones and he does look good in that purple shirt."

I sighed and went over to Sherlock. Not knowing what my feelings are, and not wanting to, I decided to be friendly. I could tell he felt out of place and a little left out.

"You ok? Sorry about all that, Harry has a way of sucking people into sudden conversation!" I chuckled.

"Fine." he responded, sounding miserable.

I decided it was not best getting into it with Harry and her friend there. Where was her friend.

Ding-dong

"That'll be Samantha I reckon. Harry, she's your friend, welcome her in. Sherlock and I will sort out the bacon." I stated.

Harry walked off to invite Samantha inside, whilst I grabbed Sherlock's arm. "Look, whatever is making you upset, you can talk to me about. I will not judge. Just promise me one thing, don't ever think I won't be there for you. My Dad is like that and I am never becoming him." I comforted him.

Then, I finished off the Carbonara sauce by adding some black pepper and salt. I started plating up when Harry and Samantha joined us in the kitchen/dining room. Sam, as always, was bubbly but quite dim. Why was my sister- someone quite emotionally perceptive- hanging out with someone who thought irony was the material made from elephant tusks?

I sat down next to Harry, and was across from Samantha. I felt bad for Sherlock who had to sit next to Little Miss Chatterbox. The whole dinner, Sam asked questions such as,"Where are you from Sherlock? Why are you friends with John? What is your favourite food? What school subject do you prefer? What is your family like? Do you have a crush? Are you single? Who are taking to prom?" Question after tedious question. Sherlock looked as out of place as a sober person in a club in Vegas. Even Harry looked bored, and she can sometimes ramble on for hours. We gave each other a look that said, 'We need to shut her the hell up!'

Luckily, Sherlock also thought this and said to Harry," Harry, didn't you have a magazine with ideas for prom dresses in? Because, you have to wear the perfect one, right Samantha?"

"Absolutely! Do you want to come with us to look at them?" she asked excitedly. She had been flirting with him all night and I hated it. Desperate skank.

"No thanks, I have no knowledge on dresses, so would be no help to you. Anyway, John and I were going to talk about who we were going to take, weren't we?" he winked whilst saying it.

"Sure. Sorry Sam."

However, Harry was already pushing her upstairs, smiling at me and giving me a reassuring thumbs up.