Bonding?

(Narrator's P.O.V)

"How dare you! I am so disgusted with your homophobic, ignorant attitude! And all because Sherlock is clearly smarter than you! How pathetic can a person be?!" John yelled. He sat down, acting as if nothing had happened. An awkward silence choked the room, but then the leader spoke.

"John is right Phil, and you know I don't accept that behaviour. Now, you can sit back down and shut up; or GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" Jim growled at the cowering boy sprawled across the floor. Silently, Anderson picked himself off the floor and sat back down- holding a tissue against his nose which was bleeding from the punch.

Sherlock finally responded to the situation by whispering," Thank you John, Jim, and...Grant?"

"For the fiftieth time this month: it is Greg Sherl." Greg chuckled to himself. Sherlock glared at the teenager, for using this absurd nickname, who was laughing quite loudly now. All of them joined in except Phillip, who did not feel like he fitted in anymore.

(John's P.O.V.)

So his name is Sherlock, that is quite an unusual name- but then he is an unusual person. What did the other initials stand for? Greg seemed nice and friendly, quite intelligent, but nothing on Sherlock's or Jim's level obviously. Jim seemed to be quite  charismatic and mischievous, but also bored easily. Sherlock shared this trait as was shown in Biology where we were meant to be dissecting a cow's heart, but he and Jim tried to get it beating again. Gruesomely, they succeeded but wound up with two detentions from Mr Hooper. Apparently, this was Greg's ex's dad. Greg and I partnered up for Biology (as Phil had been sent home) and discussed what she was like. Her name was Molly Hooper, and she was very good at Science and Medicine- like me- and had a huge crush on Sherlock- not like me. At break, Sherlock gave me a tour around the school after he had finished his detention and we found ourselves sitting underneath a tree talking about how messed up our families are.

"My sister, Harry, has started drinking due to our Dad not supporting her being gay. That is why I stood up for you. Because I know what homophobia can do to a person." I explained quietly. A long, cold arm rested on my shoulders, as I realised I was full on sobbing. Tears were falling down my face like a waterfall into the cesspool which was Sherlock's arm.

"Sister! I thought Harry was your brother!" he exclaimed suddenly," Sorry, I realise that was not the time or place to do that." His head hang in shame, and hid raven curls his nearly half of his face. I burst out into a fit of laughter at how ridiculous we were. All I cared about was my pissed sister and all he  cared about was the fact she's my sister!

His eyes looked at me in confusion," Have I done something wrong?" he remarked, almost sounding disappointed. His comforting arm quickly pulled back from the crook of my neck. For some reason, this made me upset. Why??

"No! You have cheered me up in a way no one ever has before. Most people would say they are sorry, pity me, and paint me out to be some sort of fallen hero for sticking up for you. Whereas, you managed to make me feel ten times better! Thanks... Sherl." I reassured him. His face lit back up an he breathed a sigh of relief than her realised what I had called him. Damn.