Vol 2 Chapter 9 Hidden in the Mist

Start from the beginning

     "You know now about your situation. Why you have so much chakra compared to others the same age. Your seal may be weakening and you'll have to be careful about that. When you use your shadow clone technique keep track of how often this happens and be careful. As you exhaust your chakra the likelihood of this extra clone appearing will increase. "As Miku watched the waves she wondered if she would be putting her family in danger. The burden of having the nine tails sealed in her was a burden beginning to weigh heavily on her. She wondered what the village would have thought of her if they knew she had Kurama in her. Would they have shunned her?

     "We'll be there soon" the pilot of the boat whispered as they traveled under a bridge, the hint of mangroves could be seen on the other end of the tunnel. "Tazuna, so far we haven't been detected so we'll be able to land under the cover of the Mangroves."

     "Thank you, I asked you to take a terrible risk."

     Miku could hear a bit of defeat In the voice of the bridge builder. They had promised to return him home but past that the situation was unknown. Maybe she and Hinata could convince Kakashi to help out. To be honest she was surprised that he had agreed to allow them to go this far. As they cleared the tunnel the beauty of the island washed over her. Ancient Mangroves stood in the water, their roots rising above the water creating a platform for the tree to grow in water with higher than usual salt, seawater in this case. She had heard about the mangroves that grew in swamps and on the coast but this was the first time she had seen them up close. "It's beautiful" Miku breathed out as the boat snaked around the shoreline trees.

     She could feel a pair of eyes on her and noticed Sasuke giving her an odd look. She blushed and turned her attention back to the trees wondering why the look made her uneasy."This is as far as I can go... sorry" The boatman pulled up to an abandoned house somewhat secluded from the nearby village. It would still be a good hike to return Tazuna home. Miku would still have some time to think of another reason to stay. Maybe if she twisted an ankle."Thanks for taking the risk. Ok now if I Can just make it back home alive and in one piece."

Kakashi

Kakashi

     He had been on full alert ever since boarding the boat. They would be attacked again soon and it would unlikely be Genin, probably a Jonin this time. Tazuna was lucky, If the hidden mission of getting Miku out of Konohagakure for a few days wasn't still on he would have possibly returned with the genin in tow, pleading looks or no. Kakashi was certain they would still be safe even if a Jonin appeared. A mile from the village he sensed it.

     Bushes alongside the road shifted despite the lack of wind and a white rabbit dashed out from under the leaves. He's moved. A squeal and quick movement drew his eye for a moment as Miku rushed by him after the rabbit.

     He watched as she gathered up the rabbit hugging it closely with Hinata hovering close by. Sometimes he forgot that despite their rank both Miku and Hinata were still young girls. Something about the rabbit drew his attention, white fur. Its fur should be brown, not white, they normally only have that fur in the winter when the days are shorter, or if they are raised inside away from much sunlight. A decoy.