Vol 2 Chapter 9 Hidden in the Mist

Start from the beginning

     "Kakashi-Sensei having ties to the Land of Waves could be a benefit to Konohagakure. We can help him at least get back to his home right?" Miku spoke as both she and Hinata turned their best pleading look towards Kakashi.

     Gotcha, Tazuna thought to himself as Kakashi rubbed the back of his neck. "Well... It can't be helped I Suppose. We can follow you that far but no promises after that."

Gato

Gato

     "Failed?!? You were such a big shot from Kirigakure how the hell could you have failed?" Gato was a man of short stature but with big ambitions and this was another stumbling block to his overall plans. His Son was making moves to the North and in order for his long term plans to work, he would need a Nation from which to build an empire. The land of Waves might be poor but with his business and the marriage Negotiations for his son he could turn it into an economic powerhouse. "You are supposed to be the best. I am not in the habit of wasting good money for such sloppy results." The ninja in question remained sitting as he if barely noticed Gato. The businessman was about to press his complaint when he felt the blade of a massive sword pressed against this shoulder. When did he move?

     "Have care when you address me in that manner. I'm not some rabble for you to browbeat. I'll complete this mission myself and cut the bridge builder with this knife."

     Knife? It might have the basic shape of a butcher's knife but it was much larger than a claymore and the Ninja still sitting in front of him still held it with one hand.

Miku

Miku

     For Miku the journey while uneventful was a thrill of a lifetime. This had been the first time she had left Konohagakure, her first time on a train and finally her first time on a boat as the small group made their way across the strait that separated the Land of waves from the Land of fire. As the small boat bobbed on the waves she thought back to her conversation with Kakashi during the train ride.

     "Kakashi sensei when we make clones is it possible that one of them could have a mind of their own? During the fight with the Oni brothers and earlier with Mizuki I noticed one of my clones looked different than me and while I knew where the other clones were... I couldn't sense this one or rather I could but it was like the clone was on the other side of murky water." Miku had waited until the others made a visit to the train's food car.