Chapter 38

I sat in the corner and cried into my knees. "Em." Jughead said leaning against the other side of my door. "WHAT?!" I shouted. "Emerald, it's been days. You haven't even left your room or ate anything." "I don't care." I whispered softly. "Em, you need to keep yourself heathy." "I DON'T CARE JUGHEAD!! I just..." "What Em? What happened that night when you came home and haven't left your room since?" "I don't want to talk about it." I wiped my tears and kept crying. "I hear you crying all night Em. All damn night. Ever since that night. I can still hear you crying Em." "Stop. Jughead. Stop. Just... have a good day at school and slide my homework under my door like you've been doing." Jughead sighed and walked away.

Jughead walked though the school gates and sat by Betty. "How's Em's flu Jug?" Veronica asked. The Serpents sat by Kevin and Cheryl. "How's she?" Toni asked. Sweet Pea leaned back in his seat and rolled his eyes. He didn't care. But if he changed the topic he'd look like an ass. "To be honest guys, Emerald isn't sick." "What?" Betty said confused. "Where is she then?" Fangs asked. "She's not sick more like... broken." That sentence definitely caught Sweet Pea's attention. "Broken?" He asked. "Yeah... she's been crying all night, locking her door, literally screaming at me." Sweet Pea leaned back in his seat and thought about that. "What?" Veronica and Cheryl said in unison. "She's heartbroken.. she won't talk about what happened ever since she shut the door on life." Jughead explained. Sweet Pea closely listened. What did he do? "I can hear her crying during dinner, lunch, at midnight. I try to talk to her but she just screams and me and cries harder." Kevin starred wide eyed at Jughead. In worry for his friend. Jughead sighed and pulled out his phone. "Who're you texting?" Toni asked. "Emerald." "She's ignored all of our texts." Archie said pointed to Jug's phone. "I'm her brother." He insisted, typing on his phone.

My phone buzzed and I looked at the screen. I wiped my tears and threw my phone on my bed and cried some more.

"No response huh?" Toni asked. "Sweet Pea? You're oddly quiet since we're talking about your girlfriend." He scoffed and rolled his eyes when Toni said girlfriend. "Something happen?" Fangs asked. Everyone turned their glance to the three Serpents. "I don't think I should." He said softly. "Come on Sweet Pea we need to know what happened." Jughead said. "Fine." He said rolling his eyes. "I caught Emerald kissing another guy. She was under influence but I'm not sure if he was but we got into this huge argument. I said some pretty hurtful things." Toni stood up. "You idiot! God! Is this your fault?!" She shouted. "Hey Ton." Cheryl said grabbing her girlfriends arm. "What the hell did you say to her." Toni asked in a menacing tone. "I asked her if she was ever going to change. I asked her if she was using me. I asked her... if what I saw happened again. And I asked her if she was just using me for make out sessions and sex. I asked her..." "God enough!!" Toni shouted. "You broke her!! You have no idea what's going on with her! She's been in and out of foster care! All the time! She's been tortured by her foster dad! She does love you! She can't help if she's just trying to figure out her feelings by drinking!! Do not act like you haven't done that too!!" Sweet Pea looked at Toni in shock. She was right. "She lost the one person she ever truly loved. You. You big asshole!" Toni shouted before storming out of the lounge. Toni ran over to our trailer and knocked on my door.

"Open up Em!! Please!!" "No Toni!! Jughead sent you didn't he?! Leave me alone Toni!! Please!!!" I screamed and cried. Toni started crying and slid down the door. "He told us." She started. "What?" "Sweet Pea told us what happened." "I do love him Toni...." I wiped my tears and kept crying. "I know Em." "I... I can't believe.." "Em please... open the-" I stood up and opened the door and Toni fell backward. She shouted and looked at me. I wiped my tears and Toni stood up and looked at my tears falling down my cheeks. "Em.." she cried softly and pulled me in for a tight hug. I cried into her shoulder and we both fell to the floor. "Shh... Em.." I kept crying and crying and she hugged me close. "It's okay Emerald." I lifted my legs to my chest and kept crying. "It's okay."