Chapter 9

I told Sweet Pea my plan on how to get the Bulldogs off our back, especially mine. Our plan was to ignore each other for a while and tell people that we only kissed to prove a point. Yes it hurt us to do this. But it was the only way. It's been a few weeks since we planned this and so far it's working. No one questions who we're texting even though it was each other. Yes Archie and Reggie were still on the fence about our relationship being just one big play. But it's a good thing we're both very compulsive liars. Kevin was directing Carrie the Musical, Toni made me tryout with her. When we were done trying out Kevin clapped, "Girls, That was amazing." Fangs smiles at the two of us in proudness. "Okay um, Emerald you could do a duet with your sister Veronica. And Toni you could be a extra in the duet." "Uh, Kev.." I said trying to defend Toni. "No Em it's okay." Toni said putting her hand on my shoulder.

Veronica and I got ready to sing The World According To Chris. Veronica snapped her fingers above her head. "Guess what ever since the world began." Veronica sang and she and I swapped places. "Same plot everyone's been dumping on their follow man." I sang. "Pounding people they feel better then." We both sang. "I hope you're taking notes cause, you feel everyone deserves shot." I sang. "Get real some of us have got it doing," Veronica continued. "Some got squat." I sang, "That's the truth oh honey like or not." We both sang. "The world according to Chris is better to punch then get punched." Veronica sang. "Better to burn then get burned." I continued. "Learn that your gonna go far." Veronica sang. "Cause that's the way things are." I continued with the song. "Ha na na na na na. Ha na na na naa..." We both vocalized. We both snapped our fingers and stomped our feet in unison with the snapping. We both stuck a pose bending down and breathing heavily.

Kevin and Fangs applauded and Kevin stood up. "Em, Veronica, I'm obsessed with everything that just happened." Fangs smiled at me and I smiled back. He motioned his head up on the top row of seats. I looked up and Sweet Pea was sitting there, smiling. "It's good for Em and I to be off book and in full character." "Heh... don't be so modest." Betty said standing up. "Betty." Archie said. I put my finger up telling him to be quiet. "Betty what do you mean?" I asked her. "You're the literal embodiment of your characters. Spoiled rich girls, check. Daddy issues. Check. Trying to control everyone around you including your boyfriends, friends, and best friends. Check, check, check." Sweet Pea leaned forward in his seat, observing the situation in front of him. I grabbed my stuff and walked off stage. "Em wait." Veronica called.

I gathered the rest of my things and wiped my tears. I bushed my hair back with my hands and left the auditorium wiping my tears. Sweet Pea got up from his seat and followed me to cut me off. He managed to catch up to me. He came up behind me and put his hands over my mouth and pulled me into an empty room. He pinned me against the wall and took his hand off my mouth. "Get off of me Sweet Pea!" "Whats going on Em." "I told you to get off me!" "And I'm not listening." I looked up and am angle and wiped my tears. He grabbed my jaw and made me look at him. "You know what she was saying isn't true right?" I moved my head from his hand and stood silent. "You cannot believe her Em." "Why can't I?" I finally spoke up. "Because Em you're not a Lodge remember?" "I am to her!" I looked away again and cried softly. "Hey.." He grabbed my shoulders and pulled me in for a hug.