Epilogue

As if a programmed processor was instilled on red scorching sun, it made it's presence at exact time. I stirs and flickers my eyes by the disturbance. Frowning, I turn to my left and hide my face on the soft pillow which seems extra soft today. I felt a warm caress on my scalp.

"Wake up sleepy head."

"What the! Am I sleepy head?." I open my eyes and found myself against a soft skin. All the happenings of yesterday, came rushes to my memory.

After years, I got my happiness yesterday, all for myself. I got my Khushi. After months of treatment, after months of depression I am all fit and fine now.

"Daydreaming ah?"

I look up at the voice and found her smiling at me with tinge of blush and serene adorned her face. She feels complete like me.

"Why would I dream when I've my reality." I whispers hoarsely and buries myself on her neck again.

"Get up sleepyhead. I've to do morning Pooja and need to cook something special as it's my first day after marriage." She complains pushing me away from her. I refuses to budge and locks her inbetween my empty arms.

"It's not your new home that you've to do all those rituals. It was always your home and the kitchen was always yours. So there's no need to do it for courtesy."

She pouts instigating me to ravish her. Before I give her a sweet peck, she starts to blabber.

"I am not doing it for courtesy arnavji. It's my right. I want to cook for my family. I want to celebrate my first day after marriage. Your business brain will not understand all this laadgovernor."

"You look beautiful." I adorn her early morning beauty without any makeup. My fingers strokes her fair skin on her cheeks which are turning hot by passing minute.

"Don't... speak cheesy dialogues Raizada. It doesn't suit you." She stutters as I lowers my head down to her level.

"It's only reserved for you Mrs. Raizada."

She cupped my cheeks and strokes gently "I can't believe we're here after all the hate, misunderstandings, separation."

"Because our LOVE is stronger than anything."

"I never thought you would change like this." Khushi exclaims.

"How?"

"You look more like my prince charming, I dreamed off. You know back then when you're in hospital, I almost shouted at jiji when she pointed your flaws. I challenged her, you'll learn from your mistakes. She didn't trust that. It's only after seeing you coming out of depression and your genuine apologies, she trusted you. I am so proud of you arnavji. Trust me, even I had the same doubt. Somewhere I feared, what if you go back to your earlier behaviour. But.. our LOVE safeguarded everything. You didn't let me down. In fact you done all the marriage rituals with our loved one's blessings. I am so happy arnavji."

"I never believed the fact of you marrying other man. Trust me, even after my treatment I can't believe you married him. You give my place to another man. I just wished to strangle him. Lucky guy, he never came before me." I let out a dry laugh remembering the sad moments when Khushi revealed how she married another man and why she left him for me.

"Sorry arnavji. It's stupid of me."

"You deserve punishment for that."

"What? You'll punish me laadgovernor. It's our first day after marriage and you're ready to punish me." Pouts she.

"Yes. You dare to let another man to tie mangalsutra." Saying this, I lean dangerously and tickles her. She wiggle beneath my arms as I nuzzled her neck and tickles her simultaneously. Her precious laughter filled my ears. Life wouldn't be euphoric more than this.