20.

Melody Lane

Melody Lane

"Mommy's baby" I dropped my bags and ran up to Caycee.

"Mommy missed you so much" I kissed him and hugged him tightly.

"Hi babe" I hugged CJ. "Hey babygirl" He squeezed me tightly and pecked my lips.

"I missed my boys." I hugged both of them at the same time. I settled in at home and we enjoyed some family time at home.

"You had fun?" Christian asked me. I nodded my head "Yea it was fun, new experiences" I shrugged.

My phone started to ring from under me and I answered it. "Hello" I said dryly into the phone.

"Melody get down here. Moms throwing up blood" Tre yelled into the phone scardly.

Christian grabbed Caycee and I sat up."What? What's going on" I asked scaredly.

"Melody get down here right now" he said quickly and hung up.

"Oh my god. Oh my god" I said frantically and got me stuff.

"What happened Mel?" CJ asked. "I..I don't know something about my mom. I have to go" I  replied.

"Okay we gonna go with you." He got up and got Caycee ready. "No CJ it's fine" I shook my head.

"Melody we gonna go with you" He dismissed what I said and continued getting ready.

The three of us got into the car and drove to the hospital. "My mom I'm looking for my mom" I said quickly as I got to the receptionist.

"Name?" The nurse asked nonchalantly. "Chantelle Burton" I said quickly.

"Room 672" she smiled. I ran off and looked for her room, I found it and ran in.

"Mom? Mom what's going on" I said scardly as I looked at all her cords.

"Nothing baby, I'm just under the weather" she smiled weakly. Tre sat on a chair, rocking back and forth. "Tell her mom" he said.

"Tell me what?" I looked around at both of them. "Mom." I looked at her with tears in my eyes.

"The cancer came back Mel" My mom said sadly. I shook my head "What? No? No this isn't real" I said in a cry.

I sat at the edge of her bed "Mom why wouldn't you tell us." I said on the verge of freaking out. "How long?" I asked.

(Also the timing from Down The Line and this is a little off but just follow this book and dont worry about the time.)

She sat quietly and didn't say anything, I stared at her. "How long mom?" I asked raising my voice.

"Three months" she said quietly. I gasped "Three months? Oh my god" I said lowly to myself.

"Tre did you know?" I turned to Tre. He didn't say anything. "Oh my god you knew and you didn't tell me." I stood up.