Chapter Twenty-Six

Colbys P.O.V

Life felt like a living hell without Josie, I'm glad that she's out of here but that still didn't kill that heartbreak I felt.

Ms. Kitching promised me that she would bring Josie in a couple days to visit me.

"Colby Brock, to the phone booths."I heard over the intercom. That was something I've never heard before, I made my way down the hall to the the section that I hadn't been to very often considering I haven't had any contact with the outside world since I've been in here.

"Booth three." The orderly told me, I nodded and walked into the tiny box made of unbreakable glass, I picked up the phone and braced myself for whoever was on the other end.

"Colby? Are you there?"I heard Josie speak, I immediately smiled and sighed in relief.

"Yeah. I'm here."

"How are you?"she asked softly

"Uh.. I'm fine... it's weird here without you. How are you?"

"I'm good, Janice is really cool, She gave me my own room... Is everything okay?"she asked

"Well other than everyone thinking you're pregnant, things are great."

"Why would they think I'm pregnant?"her tone got louder, I could tell she was confused

I leaned against the counter and chuckled "funny story actually. Bobby spread that rumor and now everyone believes it."

"He's such an ass... how's Belle doing?"

"Pretty good, they're thinking about releasing her into foster care soon."I explained "That's good."she said happily.

"I miss you, Colby. Janice said I can go with her tomorrow to visit you."

I grinned and nodded even though she couldn't see me "I miss you too, Jo. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay."she spoke, her soft voice was the most angelic thing I have ever heard. I still had so much i wanted to say to her but our call was quickly running out of time.

"I love you"I whispered just loud enough for her to hear through the phone "I love you too"I heard her say, giggling through her words...god I miss her so much...

Before I could say goodbye the call ended and I had to hang up, although it was short lived, that phone call made it alot easier to get through the day.

"Colby Brock, please exit the phone booth."blasted over the intercom. I rolled my eyes and just went back to my room. I didn't want to be in the activity ward, I became known as the crazy guy who got a sixteen year old pregnant.

I just wanted to sit in my room and wait until Josie gets here tomorrow. When I closed the door behind myself I jumped into my bed, staring out the barred window across the room. I reached into my back pocket and pulled out that piece of paper that ms. Kitching gave me yesterday.

I flattened it out and read over it... I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, this was just a map of the building, a few things were circles like 'boys ward' , 'main hall' , 'back exit'.

It didn't occur to me what this meant until I saw that the back exit went out to the main parking lot and not the yard where patients were allowed. I looked up and made sure that the camera couldn't see the paper, I simply folded it back up and put it back in my pocket... Ms. Kitching is trying to sneak me out of this hell hole.

**

The next day I went immediately to the nurses section. Ms. Kitching saw me looking around and called me over, making me walk into the section with all the nurses.