Chapter Five

~Three Days Later~

"They are inseparable.. It's odd, Colby has never shown progress before"

"Yes I understand that, Mrs. Banks but if he is making progress we shouldn't move him."Ms. Kitching said

"Janice, We have to move him to the mens ward soon anyways, he is already 19"

"Actually she's right, If we separate them too soon they could both spiral"The psychiatrist said as he rolled his pen between his fingers.

"Just call miss McClain into my office, Have mr. Brock wait outside while I talk to her"He added and sent the nurses out of his office.

Josie's P.O.V

Colby and I sat outside of the door to the Psychiatrist, Mrs. Hardass (Banks) told us to wait outside until he was ready for us.

"Why do they have to make us wait here and miss lunch?"Colby asked me as he looked up at the clock on the wall "It'll be okay, it could be really important"I said, I could feel Colby squeeze my hand in anxiety and fear"What if they are moving us to different wards?"He asked, not looking away from the wall. Colby and I decided not to label ourselves as a relationship or a friendship because we didn't know, both of us too naive to know how to experience a normal relationship, we comforted eachother in times of need, Colbys favorite was holding my hand when he was nervous-giving it a light squeeze when he needed to.

"They won't do that, you are still a teen"I said to reassure him, he just nodded and looked down.

"Miss McClain."I heard ms. Kitchings soft voice say as she left the office with Mrs. Hardass behind her. I stood up and walked into the room, My hand falling by my side when it left Colby's. I closed the door and sat down in the chairs.

"Hello Jocelyn-"

"Josie."

"Excuse me?"

"My name is Josie"

"Okay.. Hello Josie, I'm Dr. Carp"

"So I just wanted to ask you a few questions today"He said pulling out my file that had my Highschool year book photo on it "So this says you were registered as a pathological liar, you won't be lying to me today will you?"He asked and I sat back in the chair "No." I answered.

"And why is that?"

"Because I don't lie... My Mother does"I said and he just clasped his hands together and placed them on his desk "Well since you are not a liar... Tell me, Are you aware of Cole Robert Brock?"He asked and I nodded "It's Colby and yes"I said.

"And you are aware of his... record?"He asked me with a concerned look like he thought I was stupid "I don't judge him based on that, He is a good person"I said honestly, He bit his lip and nodded "Well I'm sure his past girlfriend thought he was a great guy too.."

"What are you trying to say?"

"Has he ever physically harmed or threatened you?"

"No!"I yelled standing up out of my seat, He put his hands up in defense "I was only asking, I'm sorry if I offended you Miss. I want you to tell me what you are doing to Colby..Why is he suddenly progressing?"He asked me and I shrugged

"I don't know, he just said that He can't hurt me"I said, sitting back down and crossing my arms "Why can't he hurt you?"He asked me and started writing stuff down in his journal "I. Don't. Know. He just can't hurt me, He can't yell at me, he can't hit me, nothing. "I tried to explain "Is he scared of you?"

"No, but I'm not scared of him."I stated

"You understand that he has almost killed two people and injured seventeen since he has been in our care?"

"Yes. But how many has be injured since I got here?"

"Well Zero But-" "Exactly, now why do you think that is?"I asked him and he sat there in complete awe, not able to answer my question right away "Well we honestly aren't sure but.. we have our guesses"He said and then scribbled in his journal "Um- Miss McClain that's all the time we have, please send Colby in on your way out."He told me.

Colby's P.O.V

I sat in the waiting area, tapping my foot against the floor, my hands clasped tightly together has I listened to the ticking of the clock.

When Josie walked out, I stood up happily "He told me to send you in"She said hugging my waist, I nodded and patted her back "Wait for me okay?"I asked her and she nodded, Walking over and sitting in the chair that I was sat in.

I walked in and stood behind the chair, staring at Dr. Carp "Go ahead sit down Colby."He told me and I slowly sat down, slouching in the chair, not trusting a word that he says "Now, Josie was telling me that you two are very close.."He started, clearly wanting to talk about something else "Yeah I'd say we are"I told him with an emotionless frown on my face at all times

"So why is she so special?"He asked bluntly and I shrugged "She just is."I said and he nodded, writing in his journal "And why haven't you had any uh- 'episodes' since you met her?"He asked me.

"She doesn't like when I get violent"I said, I could hear him click the recorder off under his desk "Well we don't like when you get violent either, nobody does, I'm sure Serena Clark didn't like when you got violent.."He said sliding a picture of my ex girlfriend towards me, I looked away and shoved my hands under my legs "It's not like that with Josie, I don't want to hurt her"I said and he put the picture back in my file "So you wanted to hurt everyone else ?"He asked me.

"No! I didn't want to hurt them either It's just... Josie helps me"I said trying to think of the right way to explain something that I didn't even understand myself "Josie helps you control your outbursts?"He asked and I nodded "Yes, Exactly!"I said excitedly that someone understood what I was trying to say.

"What does she do or say that helps you control your anger?"He asked and I shook my head "Nothing, it's just her..."I said realizing that he just wanted something to write down other than 'The boy is madly in love with a girl and refuses to hit her' .

"Okay well Mr. Brock I want you to know that what's about to happen is not a personal issue but it is simply just a test"He said and I started to get worried, Two men walked in and grabbed my arms, pulling me up and dragging me out, I could see the other two security guards taking Josie away but I couldn't hear her making any noise which worried me even more.

**

They threw me in solitary... haven't been in here for months.

It was a cold, dark, stone room with two cameras in the back corners and a slot on the door that slides open and closed from the outside, I sat on the stone bench and tapped my foot against the cement floor, This room is pure hell..

"This is Hell! Do you hear me!?"I screamed at the camera closest to me, I could hear it zooming in and out on me, I rolled my eyes and sat back down, they want a reaction, they put me in here to see just how dependent my Mental state is on Josie, That's something I don't even know. I didn't want to give them a reaction because I don't know what they will do if I give them what they want..

__________________________

Hiya! Hope you like this chapter, the next one gets better I promise. Make sure to Vote, Comment, and add to your library so you won't miss when I update ;) ~D