Chapter Sixteen

Colbys P.O.V

I woke up to the light from my window shining in my eyes, Josie was still asleep on top of me, I smiled and kissed the top of her head before slowly shifting to rest her on the mattress instead .

I heard the familiar knock on the door as I put my shirt on. None other than Bree popped her head in "checks..."she spoke obnoxiously loud.

When she saw Josie asleep on my bed something in her clicked and her entire expression changed from joy to anger.

She walked into the room and closed the door behind her "I heard the rumors but I didn't think it was true"she stated after taking the key from her lanyard and locking my door. I stood up and finished putting my shirt on silently "Bree you need to leave."I said.

Bree stared down at Josie with a menacing face "She can't treat you the way I could, Colby, you can't replace me with her"

"I'm not replacing anyone, She doesn't use me like you did"I stated angrily, keeping my voice low.

Of course Josie woke up because Bree wouldn't keep her voice down, she sat up and rubbed her eyes before staring at me in confusion.

"Josie, this is Bree. The nurse who needs to be fired for sleeping with a patient" I said, glaring at Bree to get my point across.

"Hey hun, I was the girl Colby used to fuck before he met you, careful though, he likes it rough."

Josies jaw dropped and I shook my head, grabbing brees wrist and unlocking the door After taking the lanyard out of her pocket and pushing her out.

When I closed the door back I turned around to see Josie standing right in front of me "Colby is that true? You used to sleep with her?"

I nodded slowly and leaned back against the door, I felt ashamed to admit it.

Josie looked down at her feet and chewed on her bottom lip "In your bed?"she asked, looking absolutely disgusted in the fact that she slept in that bed. Once again I nodded.

I was expecting her to be angry or upset with me but instead she just hugged me tightly "never again right?"she asked and i nodded "never again."I confirmed to her that it was all in the past.

"Colby?"

"Yeah?"

"You're mine."

"I'm okay with that."

She laughed gently and rested her head on my stomach, I rested one hand on the small of her back and the other I used to push her hair behind her ears, the marks from the shocks still visible on her temples.

Still she frowned and stared at the wall.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah?"

"Why her?"

I sighed and shifted her away from me "Josie, look, don't over think this. She was a nurse that wanted attention and I was desperate. When i met you all of that changed."I explained, she wouldn't make eye contact with me.

She nodded simply and turned to look out the window "Do you think she's pretty?"she asked me, playing with the end of her sleeve. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and turned her around to face me "what are you talking About?"I asked.

She groaned and sat down on the floor, I turned and locked the door with Bree' s lanyard I still had.

I sat down in front of her and placed my hand on her shoulder "what is going on with you, Jo?"