18

THE LONG AWAITED VISIT from Marianne Black was something that Leo hadn't been looking forward to

THE LONG AWAITED VISIT from Marianne Black was something that Leo hadn't been looking forward to. He knew it was just a matter of time before she mustered up the energy to face him after he helped send her only daughter to Azkaban. He had hoped that he narrowly avoided the visit, seeing Atticus at the cauldron had been enough of a family reunion to last him at least a year.

There wasn't a single thing that Leo had ever done that she was proud of.

       When he was little had stolen pocketfuls of sweets from shops whenever he had the chance. In school, his better friends had been no-maj-borns. Also in school he would sometimes pick fights with the likes of William McCarthy, a miserable pureblood in his year that seemed to make it his mission in life to let everyone know what he thought of the nasty bloodtypes that Ilvermorny allowed in. The only reason Leo hadn't gotten himself expelled during his fifth year was because his father made a hefty donation to the school to keep him there, all because the mere thought of Leo spending even more time with the no-maj's he had met over the summer was something he and his mother could barely stomach.

"Are you absolutely positive you don't want me to stick around?" Sirius questioned.

Leo stared at him for a moment, "Yes, Sirius. I'm positive that having you, a supposed mass murderer staying in my apartment will not help anything." he replied simply, "Even if she wishes you were her son."

Sirius chuckled, "If only she knew the truth." he said simply, "But if she did think that you were hiding me, it might make her, well, I don't know, a bit happier with you."

"Unlikely." Leo scoffed, "Nothing could make up for siding with the Ministry about Elladora."

"Dora is better off locked away," Sirius replied, "I'm sure she and Bella will be having a lovely family reunion right about now."

"Good riddance." Leo said plainly as he walked to the window in his living, revealing a rickety looking fire escape. "So how will you be leaving? Magical or not magical." he motioned to the fire escape.

"Well, last time I about broke my neck at the bottom, so I'll do magical this time." Sirius replied as he grabbed hold of his jacket and wand which had been laying on the small dining room table where he had also left his dishes. Sirius was such a slob, that Leo understood why he really refused to get rid of Kreacher.

Sirius left the apartment with a loud popping sounds surrounding Leo, leaving him there to await the miserable visit with his mother. Leo wouldn't put it past her to drag his resentful father along either. When Leo decided to become an auror, it was the last straw for him. There wasn't anything else he could do to try and encourage an interest in dark magic or lord Voldemort's mission. Even though Leo had been eleven when Voldemort was defeated, his parents never wanted to believe that it was over. In their mind, there would be someone to finish what Voldemort started. Atticus was the only person that he could foresee actually joining their mother if this really was just a casual visit. But in Leo's gut, he knew that it wasn't.