9

LEO HADN'T EXPECTED TO BE INCLUDED in many, if any cases before the trial

LEO HADN'T EXPECTED TO BE INCLUDED in many, if any cases before the trial. He had expertly to be completely stuck at his desk until after it. Lydia hadn't even been given much more than paperwork, and a few little cases here and there. They never really amounted to all that much. So when Scrimgeour actually called both of them into his office, Leo was sure it was just to inform them that Leo would be going back to MCUSA and Lydia would be getting yet another new partner. However, that wasn't the case. In fact, on Scrimgeour's dest was a prophet, and it had a headline on it, that spiked Leo's curiosity.

 In fact, on Scrimgeour's dest was a prophet, and it had a headline on it, that spiked Leo's curiosity

      Riddle Manor was a taboo place. At least in the wizarding world, nobody ever spoke of it. And the muggles were never able to find someone to live in it once it was abandoned. It just sat empty, for years, so when a muggle who had been there to take care of the property in case someone were to buy it turned up dead; it didn't go unnoticed by the wizarding world. Of course they left the initial investigation to the muggles before they would even take a look at it, but because of the name on the documents of the house, it dragged them into it. Chances were, the muggles had already dealt with it in their world, but the Ministry had to see if there was a mess that had to be cleaned up because they were wrong.

"Are you two familiar with this?" Scrimgeour asked as he walked around his desk and took a seat again.

Lydia nodded, "That muggle groundskeeper was killed at the Riddle manor," she shrugged, "I thought the muggles decided it was a heart attack."she added.

"They did, and it probably was," he replied, shrugging a little bit, "but headlines that have Riddle in it tend to catch everyone's eye."

       With their new assignment in mind, Leo and Lydia went to their desks to grab their cloaks before they went on their way to the hall of fireplaces.

"How's it feel to have an assignment again?" Leo asked as he stepped into a fireplace.

Lydia scoffed a bit, "It's not like this will be any more exciting than all that desk work." she stated as she crossed her arms.