"Mr. Black!"

       Leo stopped in his tracks, half in and half out of the elevator. He turned to see a man that was quite a bit older than him. He had red hair that looked to be thinning out a bit, and he wore a brown jacket that matching his pants. And he under his arm, he clutched a bag against his side.

"Can I help you?" Leo questioned, hesitating to step all the way into the elevator.

"Oh no, I just thought it would be nice to officially meet."  he replied as he stepping into the elevator behind Leo. "I'm Arthur Weasley." he said, offering his free hand.

Leo took his hadn't and offered him a small smile and nod. He hoped he looked more friendly than irritated, he almost felt trapped in the elevator.

"Arthur Weasley," he echoed with his handshake, "Leo Black,  nice to meet you." he added, as the bounced the name around in his head. It sounded a bit familiar. "Do you by chance know Ramona Zabini?"

      On various different occasions since he had made going to the Leaky Cauldron a routinely thing, he had heard of the Weasley's from Mona. Since she left home, the Weasley's had taken her in. She owed them a lot, and they didn't ask for much at all. And there had been a few occasions that  Ramona had invited him to their house for dinner instead of his routine of eating either at the Leaky Cauldron or some muggle place by the phone booth he used to enter the Ministry. Each time he said no and made an excuse as to why he couldn't. One reason was that he knew for a fact that he had no clue what they actually were. There was no reason for Leo to go to the Leaky Cauldron practically every day besides the fact that Ramona was there. Whether or not Mona liked him going there every day wasn't exactly crystal clear to him.

"Course," Arthur replied, and as Leo snapped back to the situation he was in, he had hoped time had gone faster while he was lost in his head. However, the elevator doors were just starting to close. "I'm on my way to see her now actually."

"Oh?" Leo replied with a heavy sigh, "Will you tell her I said hello? I've got to get ready for my sisters trial,"

Arthur chuckled a bit, "Mona made it sound like you went to see her daily, are you sure you won't join me?"

Well shit, he thought.

      Leo had never been great at meeting families. When it involved work, well, that was one thing. But when it was outside of work and was the family of someone he...liked well that was another. Leo could barely even admit to himself that he liked Mona, he had never been able to admit that he liked anyone. Unlike his brother, commitment was something that Leo just wanted nothing to do with. So the idea of showing up at the Leaky Cauldron with Arthur Weasley, who was practically like her father made his stomach feel like it was filled with cement and like he couldn't move.

"Well, uh, I don't really want to stop you two from spending time together, I really should start getting prepared for the trial anyway." Leo assured him as the elevator finally came to a stop to let them out.

"Nonesene," Arthur said, "Mona's practically like a second daughter, any friend of hers is a friend of the families."

"Mr. Weasley-"

"Please, call me Arthur."

Leo sighed as he stepped out of the elevator behind him, "Arthur, really, I can't."

"Suit yourself then," Arthur said with a small shrug, and he turned and gave Leo a small smile. "it's a shame, I believe an old friend of hers just started working there, from what I remember, I think he fancied her quite a bit."

Leo rose an eyebrow, "And what would that have to do with me?"

"Well if you won't get it together, she just might go with someone else." he said, his tone was flat at first, but then there was a mischievous spark in his eye as he smirked, "Mona's not stupid, Leo, and neither am I. Nobody would choose to go to the Leaky Cauldron every day unless they are an old wizard who has lost their drive or they're smitten with someone who works there."

AUTHORS NOTE;What's this? A light hearted chapter? Love that

AUTHORS NOTE;
What's this? A light hearted chapter? Love that. Thanks for reading!

Stay classy!

* edited 10/26/2020 *