22

It was still gloomy out but not raining when Marinette left her house to go to school the next day. She waved goodbye to her parents before slipping out the doors of the bakery.

   She was excited to see her friends again, even though she had yesterday, because it still felt so good to remember who they were. Alya almost followed her home the day before because she wanted to make sure that she wouldn't cross the street without looking both ways. Marinette had laughed and assured her she was much more careful after being hit the first time. She most definitely wasn't too eager to go through that again.

   Chat Noir hopped down from the roof, landing next to Marinette. He was to walk her to school every morning, and she was to wait for him after class so he could walk her back. Marinette couldn't help but think about how in the world she was going to explain this to Alya. The girl would probably go crazy.

   Maybe she could simply say that they were friends and Chat Noir happened to spot her and decided to come talk? But then again, he was taking her every day... Maybe he could just stay out of sight when they got there. That seemed like a better option.

   "Chat Noir," she said as they arrived at school. "I'll see you after?"

   He nodded, then turned to leave, but stopped.

   "See you, Princess."

   He leapt away before she could get a word in about the nickname.

   Sighing, Marinette began climbing the steps where she met up with Alya and Nino. "Hey girl," said the former. "I hope you still remember me."

   "No." She tapped her chin with her index finger. "I don't. Who are you?"

   Alya laughed. "Ha ha, very funny."

   Nino butted in. "You remember me, right?"

   Marinette gave him a light shove. "Yes, Nino, I remember you."

   He smiled. "Just checking dude."

   They all walked into the classroom together, and Marinette was attempting to pull a sheet of paper out of her back when it slipped through her fingers and fell to the floor. She bent down to pick it up but another hand reached it first.

   Adrien gave a sheepish smile and stood up, Marinette doing the same thing. "Um, here," he said, thrusting the paper back into her hands.

   "Thank you, Adrien."

   He scratched the back of his head. "No problem, Marinette. Wait," he paused his eyes widening as he looked at her. "Didn't you lose your memories again? How did you know my name?"

   She smiled. "My memories returned. Thank you for being so kind before - I really needed it."

   "Sure," he said after a moment. "I'm glad you're better."

   "Thanks." She sat down in her seat, watching Adrien sit down in his just in front of her. She didn't feel the butterflies in her stomach whenever he was near anymore. She didn't even stutter.

   Alya nudged her with her elbow, looking pointedly at the model. "What the hell was that?" SHe whispered, eyebrows creased. "Don't you have a mad crush on him? Why didn't you screw up your words?"

   She shrugged "I guess I don't like him anymore."

   "But that's impossible! You were basically stalking him!"

   "Shh!" Marinette hushed her friend. "Keep it down! Do you want him to hear you?"

   They both glanced at him at the same time, but luckily he was deep in conversation with Nino, whom was asking him where had been the day before. He said he had a photoshoot.