9

The two boys were but a mere few feet away from Namjoon's house when the throbbing in Taehyung's chest began to be too much for him, as it had started to form into a sensation of something working its way up into his esophagus, hence, having him hacking up a few nasty coughs.

"You alright Taehyung-ah?" Hoseok questions as concern laces his words while halting his legs and peering at Taehyung.

"Y-yeah hyung. I'm alright, no worries!" Taehyung mutters out as he continues to cough.

Eventually after a few more nasty coughs, he feels something fly out of his throat and into the space on his arm that he had been using to guard his cough from going onto Hoseok's face.

Another red petal.

But this time, it was two. One more than what he had coughed up last time, and it did worry him but he quickly brushed it off, throwing the petals onto the nearby grass before Hoseok could check up on him again. As they knocked on the wooden door before them and waited for someone to answer, Hoseok took his phone out and clicked on the camera icon. He flipped it to selfie mode.

"Let's take a selfie Taehyung-ah. I feel like posting a picture on Instagram today." Hoseok says while he positions the camera so that both males can fit in the frame.

Click!

Hoseok clicks on the picture and analyzes it with a smile before smiling at Taehyung and giving a thumbs up, signifying that the picture came out well. Taehyung smiles back fondly, before bringing his attention to the door that still has not been opened.

"They're really taking their sweet time opening the door." Taehyung comments before bringing his fists to the door and knocking loudly until finally the door opens as an elated Jimin lets them in.

"We were about to play a game that tests our luck. You guys came at the right time!" Jimin explains as he pushes Hoseok ahead of him before giving Taehyung a wink and nudge while pointing to Hoseok and mouthing a "How did it go". Taehyung simply shrugs before following Hoseok into Namjoon's room, the noise of loud voices getting louder as they approach and open the door, inviting themselves inside.

"Here are the cards hyung!" Jungkook says, as he passes the 7 cards to Namjoon who grabs them as he begins to shuffle them around.

"Okay. Now that everyone is here, we can play a full game." Namjoon announces, as he urges everyone to take a seat on the floor, to which everyone does.

"So the basis of the game revolves around us creating a dare. Or more so, a punishment to be exact. Once the punishment is decided, then we'll place the cards down, and we all quickly have to grab one. After that, we flip them over on the count of 3 and whoever has the card that has a skull on it, has to do the punishment." Jin explains as Namjoon places the newly shuffled pile of 7 cards in the middle of everyone.

"Do I have to participate in this?" Yoongi questions, as he slouches his shoulders lazily.

"Yes." Everyone replies in unison, not allowing their friend to skip out on the game.

"Well, what punishment are we going to do first?" Jimin asks the group.

"Not sure." Namjoon responds as he begins to ponder on what he should suggest to the group.

"Wait, I have one!" Jimin eagerly shouts as he almost jumps to his feet from the excitement of what he's about to do.

Taehyung has a bad feeling that its going to involve him. If the look that Jimin gave him before he went ahead and yelled that he had an idea didn't signify that he was plotting something that included him, then it was the obvious mischievous and puppy-like behavior that Jimin expressed after he said he had an idea that gave him away.

"What is it?" Everyone questioned.

"How about we have two people from the group...." Jimin stops his sentence momentarily, to add some suspense before continuing, "kiss!"

"What! You mean like on the cheek right?" Jungkook asks, a bit bewildered at the punishment Jimin came up with.

"Nope! I mean a kiss like on the mouth." Jimin replies, smugly, before his eyes wander to Taehyung.

Taehyung's stomach plummets from the little fiasco that Jimin seems to be putting to plan. Nervousness rides among his stomach acids like tidal waves that cease to stop.

"I-i think we shouldn't do something that brutal." Taehyung spits out, as he tries to contain the panic within in.

"It is brutal, but it'll make to be something hilarious!" Jin speaks his input, already laughing at the thought of seeing two of his friends kiss one another.

"I guess we'll go with that then." Hoseok adds, as he seems to be moderately alright with the punishment given. Although unbeknownst to him, he is practically signing himself over to Jimin's plan.

"Alright. We'll do that. Is everyone okay with that?" Namjoon asks everyone, to which all respond with a yes, except Yoongi who just shrugs. "We'll do two turns to see who the two people will be then. This will be the first."

While Namjoon picks up the cards again to shuffle them once more, for good measure, Taehyung can only feel dread, panic, and bit of twisted giddiness. He knows Jimin has something up his sleeve to assure that Taehyung and Hoseok will be the ones to fulfill the punishment, but he cannot help but feel guilty for what Hoseok is being strung into.

A/N: ya'll remember rookie king? 👀