Chapter 7: Forced to Return Home

It been three weeks since Colden joined the Faunus group. They've been raiding stores and occasionally sabotaging the Schnee Kristal Company, stealing more Kristal and ruining the schedule. The heir wasn't happy, but he went with it. He was having a blast: learning about the Faunus life, being free, being with Lupimars, especially being loved by Lupimars. The two have been closer than ever. Colden might wanna go to the next level.

It was beginning to be sunset. Azul was outside, singing to herself as the sun was slowly disappearing behind the horizon.

Colden walks up to her and sat next to her. "That's beautiful." "Thanks," she replied. "Why are you singing out here?" Colden asked. "This is the day my parents died," she said. "Humans were threatening us, saying that if we don't leave the city, then they will kill us. We didn't leave because we worked hard to keep a roof over our heads, and soon, the humans started attacking us, breaking windows, shooting guns, blasting us with Fire Kristals to burn us. We managed to escape, but my dad was shot down and my mom hid me from them, telling me that she'll be in my heart with dad. The song of the whales will forever echo in me. She ran back to lead the humans away from me. When they followed her, I saw them beating up my dad to death and setting him on fire. I was so sad when I saw him like that, and I thought that mom suffered the same fate." "I'm so sorry," Colden comforted the teared up Faunus. "You know, I can see why Lupus imprinted on you," she remarked. "You're so much nicer than the other humans. In fact, you're the first nicest human I know. With the imprint, I'm surprised that Lupus sang you the Siren song." "Siren song?" he questioned. "The Siren song is the song that Lupus sang to you when you two first met. The song emits a captivating singing voice that lures anyone who hears it toward the singer. There are some side effects. Some describe it to be a drug, describing it as something that the listener needs." "So that's why I've been hearing it, even when Mars is gone or close by?" "Yes, but you have to be careful. It means great love for some, but for others, it can be dangerous. Obsession," Azul added. "But, Mars loves me. He wouldn't sing it if he didn't love me. He loves me!" Colden exclaimed. "Are you sure?" Bay said, from behind them. The two turned around to see him. "What do you mean?" Colden asked. "Bay," Azul said, warning him. "I mean, from what he told us, you were about to attack him, then he sang that little song to you. It seems like he sang just to you just so you won't hurt him." B-But what about the imprint?" Colden asked, tearing up. "What about it? You think that imprinting is always right?" Bay asked. "Bay, stop it!" Azul said. "I know another wolf Faunus. He said he imprinted on a girl, but about a month later, he imprinted on another girl. Imprints aren't always right. You're probably the wrong person for him." Colden ran inside, not wanting to hear more. "Bay, what the fuck was that? Why did you say something like that?!" Azul yelled. "It's true isn't it?" Bay asked. "The song: yes, but not about the imprinting. You ruined Colden's chances of finding love. You hurt him. He probably doesn't believe what the others are gonna say to him," she fumed. "Are you still upset about what happened between you and Mars?" Bay just looked away, but Azul knew the answer. "Bay, he wasn't for you. You need to move on. It's done. You just have to let go and move on. You will find someone else, and I will guarantee that that person will fall in love with you and you two will live happily together." "Look, after what happened between us will always be a reminder that I'm a failure at a relationship," Bay said. "You are not a failure. You held a relationship for two months," said Azul. "If you were a failure, then you wouldn't last that long. You gotta stop beating yourself down. Come on, you're so good looking. Everyone will fall in love with you. No one in their right mind will not find you attractive," she comforted. "Thanks," he said. "Come on, it's time for dinner." After dinner, everyone went to their rooms. Colden was about to put on his shirt when Lupimars came up from behind him and started to kiss his neck. "Stop it," the human said with a coldness in his tone. "Why?" the wolf asked. Colden turned around to face the imprinter. "Do you love me?" "What? Of course," Lupimars answered. "No. Be serious. Do you love me?" Colden asked again. "I do. Why are you like this?" "Bay said that you don't love me. He said your imprint can be wrong and the song you sang to me was just so I wouldn't attack you." Lupimars's expression turned dark after hearing Bay filled his love's head with lies. "Mars, y-you're hurting me," Colden whimpered. The Faunus's hands were holding onto Colden's arms, and he was crushing his arms. "Mars, Mars, Lupus!" That snapped Lupimars out of his anger. "I'm so sorry." He hugged Colden to comfort him. "You know I never meant to hurt you. I can't believe that asshole pony lied to you." "You do love me?" Colden asked. "Yes. I always loved you. The imprint is not wrong. It's always right on who the person we imprint on. The song, yes I did sing to you so you won't hurt me, but I could've done something else. I chose to sing that song to you because I thought you were to one for me," Lupimars explained. There was a moment of silence as the two placed the foreheads together as the wolf wrapped his arms around the other's waist. "Sing to me," Colden said. The Faunus complied. He sung the Siren song to appease Colden's starting stage of obsession towards the song. "I love you." "I love you, too," the human said. The two were about to kiss when a phone rang. The two noticed and Colden walked up to it. "Yes?" he answered. "Ok. I'll be home tomorrow. Bye." "Who was that?" Lupimars asked. "That was Klein. He said that my father and sister are coming back," Colden replied. "I thought they won't be back till next week?" the wolf asked. "They're coming back early. I have to go back home." "Damn. I was hoping that you will stay longer," the wolf said, walking up to Colden and wrapping his arms around his waist. "I'm gonna miss you." "I'm gonna miss you, too." Suddenly, Lupimars pulled Colden with him as he fell back onto the bed. "Might as well make this last day together worth it." The two start to make out.

The next day, early in the morning, Colden was getting dressed. "I wish you could stay," Lupimars said. "Same, but I don't think my father would let me leave," Colden said. "You don't have to listen to your father. This is your life. Nobody can take that away or control it," the other said. Colden didn't say anything after that. "Look, if something bad happens that might cost you your freedom, just remember that you control your life. Nobdy can control your life." "Ok," Colden finally spoke. "Guys, are you ready?" BBgum asked. Colden nodded, and the two follow BBgum outside to where Azul and Bay were waiting.

The group walked up to Colden's bedroom window. "Bye guys. I'm gonna miss you," Colden said. Everyone gave him a group hug. Bay was the only one who stayed out of the hug. Once they released the hug, Colden said bye to Bay and gave him a hug which triggered a growl from Lupimars. Bay was surprised by the hug and he didn't hug back. Once he released, Colden walked up to his imrpinter and gave him a kiss. After breaking the kiss, he used his glyphs to reach the window and open the window latch. He looked back and saw the Faunus before they turned and left. "Bye, guys," he said under his breath.