Tantalizing Desires Past Midnight (Chapter 10)

Oh my gosh! I'm like more than positive a bunch of you guys want to slap me upside the head for taking--- how long was it? Two months?--- to write this chapter! >.< And I'm real sorry about it! But, you're wait is now finally over!!! :)

I hope you enjoy it!!! :)

Please comment!

Vote!

And if you aren't already: FAN! Pwease? O.O Lol

Love,  

Mindy! <3  

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You're not going to cover my eyes this time like you did for my first surprise?" Sabrina smiled, peeking up at him through her fringe.

Max shook his head as they continued walking, looking straight forward as he said. "Nope. This gift isn't nearly as large as a dance studio."

"Oh," She murmured, glancing at the floor now instead of him. She did wonder what the 'gift' could possibly be, but what Zander had said was much more the hot topic in her head at the moment. 'There's someone else that's actually important in my life now.' She wondered who that somebody could be. Maybe it was her! But, it probably wasn't. As if he'd ever consider a Goth that looked as average and boring as she did... And especially not after her vow she had made to not care about him anymore.

Glancing back up at Max and putting HIM out of her mind, she locked eyes with his sapphire gaze. "What are you thinking about?" She whispered, quickly looking away.

That made him chuckle and stroke her back, the fine hairs of his goatee brushing her ear as he leant down and spoke into it. "A lot of things, love. And it seems that you're in most of them."

She looked down, blinking. "Uh yeah." She replied timidly, and he squeezed her hand when he opened the door to their bedroom.

He went to sit on the bed as Sabrina glanced about. Turning back to him, she asked. "So where is it?"

Patting the spot beside him, he beckoned her closer. Slowly, as if cautiously, she stepped over to him, sitting a couple inches away from him. As Max peered down at her, those dark sapphire eyes seemed to darken and she felt a strange tug in her body to be closer to him...

"Are you trying to control my mind?" Her words broke the trance he had tried to have her in.

Blinking, he looked away. "Uh, of course not..."

Cocking an eyebrow, she played with his collar. "So what's up with the fancy get-up?"

Max leaned back, crossing his immense arms behind his head. "Before we set off, we always have a meeting here at the castle." He responded, closing his eyes.

"Meeting?" Sabrina queried. "What meeting? And where are you all 'setting off' to?"

He opened his right eye into a slit, gazing up at her. "We have like press conferences. The most powerful, designated vampires from all over the world come together here at Alcazar and we go over plans for the kingdoms and/or dilemmas. All together we make up the Sanguine Council and TODAY we have---er--- one of our dilemmas."

Taking in the new information, she nodded for him to proceed. With a deep sigh, he continued. "And after our 'reunion', we're all going out hunting to end the day out in the woods."

A pang shot through her stomach and she grimaced. "Hunting... As in killing people...?"

Those blue, blue eyes connected with hers and held. "Yes, CHASTITY. We are going hunting and you must accept this fact in OUR life. Sooner or later you'll be joining us out in the field but for now, I want you in the safety of the castle. Hunting vampires are EXTREMELY unpredictable and aggressive; always keep that in mind."