Chapter 2

I was currently hiding my face with my hands in embarrassment while the teacher called for break time.
Almost instantly, Leo's head whipped around so he could face towards me, a smug expression on his face.
"I guess we're classmates now." He smiled while raising his eyebrows.
"I guess so." I mumbled.
Thank gosh that this was the last day until break, but then I do have a whole semester with him. Gosh, how could I sit on his lap?
"Marles," Kai sounded behind me. Leo's and I's heads turned towards him, waiting in the doorway.
"You coming for lunch?" He raised his eyebrows impatiently. I silently thanked Kai for getting me out of his situation and I stood up slowly while grabbing my bag.
Leo watched as I walked away towards the doorway where I walked with Kai.
-
"So, who's the guy? Seems like you two have met." Kai asked curiously while shoving his mouth with pudding. He was sitting next to Jacky, who was his twin.
"I wouldn't say that..." I mumbled.
"Then what would you say?" Jacky suddenly sounded. I looked over to her and I sighed. She probably already has dibs on him.
I opened my mouth to speak but then suddenly someone sat next to me. I looked up and I wasn't completely surprised when it was Leo. That same full cheeked smile as before.
"Do you guys mind if I sit here?" Leo asked while looking at Kai and Jacky.

"Not at all." Jacky smiled before winking.
I tried hard not to roll my eyes at her.

"Leo," Jacky propped her chin on her hand as she stared dreamily at him," Has anyone ever told you that you give off troublemaker vibes?" She said in her flirting voice.

Leo smiled while nodding," Yes, ma'am. My mom tells me at least two times a week."
Jacky laughed loudly, maybe a bit too loudly at that.
Me and Kai exchanged glances almost instantly and Leo looked at us for help.
Kai hit Jacky on the shoulder.
"Ow!" She winced.
"Don't flirt with boys you don't know." Kai warned her.
"I'm not flirting!"
"Yes you are."
I looked down at my food as I tuned them out. Usually it's me and Evelyn who tune them out and start our own convo, but today I'm basically by myself.
"Psst. Marlie." I heard Leo whisper next to me.
My head slowly came up to see that he was leaning towards me.
"Are they usually like this?" He whispered so close that I could basically feel his breath on my left cheek.
"Yeah. They're twins." I shrugged.
"Twins?!" He said loudly. But the twins didn't seem to hear over their arguing. He leaned closer while putting a hand around the back of my chair," I mean, twins? They don't look alike."
I nodded," They're fraternal, of course."
"Oh." He nodded as if he got it now while looking at them both fight. This felt weird. Having his hand on the back of my chair and having him lean in close makes me feel like I'm a part of some secret code.
Jacky suddenly sighed loudly, making both Leo's and my heads turn, "So, guys. Are you guys excited for the party tonight?" Jacky shrugged her shoulders in a dancing way.
"Party?" Leo looked around,"What party?" He took his hand off of the back of my chair and that secret code feeling was as gone as it came.
"Tonight. At our place. I thought Marlie would've told you already." Jacky widened her eyes at me and I shrunk down.
"Marlie did not." Leo smiled over towards me.
"Well, Leo, you have to go." Jacky pointed at him.
"Only if you want to." Kai joined in.
"It'd be social suicide if you didn't." Jacky added.
Leo sighed as if he was thinking but then he looked over to me," I'll go if Marlie says she's going."
My eyes widened at that.
"Um..." I mumbled with all of their eyes peeled on me," I guess so."
Jacky jumped up,"Great! It's a promise then! Leonardo, don't you dare break it."
-
It was now after school and we were all finally done with our midterms.
I was walking out of school when I put in my earbuds. I looked forward and suddenly I noticed that Leo was walking in front of me. He was quite social now that I look at him. He's only been here for one day and already he's made friends. Or maybe it's because he's so good looking?
I'm guessing he's probably on his way to the bus again, like I am. I walked steadily behind him. How can someone's back be attractive? I really don't get it.
I was too focused on him that I didn't seem to notice the rock as I tripped over it, falling forward onto Leo's back and grabbing onto his shirt as I fell onto the concrete.
He groaned as I landed on top of him, for the second time today.
I picked my head up while opening my eyes to see Leo under me. He groaned in pain while my eyes widened.

He opened his eyes also, before blinking towards me on top of him. My face started growing hot.
He looked at me a couple of seconds before he looked down at my hand on his shirt, "Are you usually like this?" He smiled.

"I.." I was totally lost by words. What was I supposed to say?

My eyes widened once I noticed what was happening and I hurriedly got off him, before brushing myself off.

He sat up while rubbing his blonde hair," You are sure something Marlie."
"I, um..." I mumbled. Why weren't words even forming properly in my mind ugh.
"Are you okay? Im sort of beating you up today." I finally said.
He nodded while reaching out his hand," Yeah im fine. Just help me up."
I did as he said and I grabbed his hand while pulling him up. He was heavier than he looked that's for sure.
"Again, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to fall for you. I mean ON you."
I mentally cursed at myself for even saying that.
"Don't worry. You will fall for me soon enough." He said jokingly.
I groaned in annoyance," Just ignore I ever said that."
"Okay okay." He looked me weirdly up and down before he tilted his head to follow him. I hesitated but then I followed closely after.
"By the way, where are these twins'" he did air quotes around the word twins,"house?"
I sighed in relief that he changed the subject, "On oak street. It's the third house when you enter on the right." I answered quickly.

"Oak street?" He pouted his lip slightly at that.
"Oh! And it's a pajama party." I added.
"Isn't that a bit weird?" Leo looked over at me.
I shook my head," No. It's typical of the twins. All of their parties have themes. One year they had a party with a theme of aliens."
Leo bursted out into laughter at that.

"It's a true story." I said while laughing along with him," Why are you laughing?"
"I can't...imagine you dressed...like an alien." He said in between laughs.
I rolled my eyes at that jokingly.
"I was a great alien. By the way." I crossed my arms over my chest.
"Yeah. Yeah okay. Whatever you say." Leo waved his hand in a 'no more' way, while wiping his tears out of his other eye.

"Well, what I mean is. Wear festive pj's okay? Unless you don't want to fit in." I smiled.
"Oh I'll definitely fit in."
Suddenly we both saw the bus approach and we both walked faster to catch up with it.
I stepped onto the bus first and I scanned my card when I noticed Leo wasn't on the bus. I walked over to a window and I rolled it down.
"Aren't you coming?" I asked Leo who was waiting.
"I have errands to run. But I'll definitely see you at the party." He smiled back while he walked towards the window with his hands in his pockets.
"But, then why did you walk all the way over here?" I asked him curiously.
The bus then began and Leo ignored my question as he waved as the bus took off.
That was weird.