seventeen

morning came, everyone is awake

morning came, everyone is awake. each of them already had their breakfast as they get ready for this day. the boys already have their schedules to go and have some fun, except on the girls who would stay back and check up on sohye.

“i think i should stay here.” woojin said being unsure about going with his friends.

“why hyung?” guanlin asked, stopping his tracks. he was ready to leave the house but woojin spoke up.

“i should take care of sohye.” he added.

“yeonseo and kris will stay, don't worry too much she'll be fine.” jihoon added.

“yeah, come with us hyung. i don't want kris influence you with cringy boring stuff.” jinyoung smirked as minhyun whacked his head.

“when are you gonna stop?” minhyun sighed. “anyways, if you want to stay here just lock the doors and keep the house clean. are you fine with that woojin?”

“what? you're not coming? that's sad.” daehwi scoffed as he crossed his arms on his chest. “that's great, i mean.”

“ya just, go, i promise to take care of these girls. especially your girl jinyoung.” woojin smirked as he teased both jinyoung and kris.

“oh please.” kris said and left the living room, heading towards the backyard shaking her head. yeonseo was being quiet behind sohye.

“hyung, can i stay too?” jihoon suddenly spoke up making everyone looked at him.

“you guys are boring. why?” sungwoon asked.

“i think yeonseo needs me. kris isn't in the mood to entertain somebody today and woojin will be busy with sohye.” jihoon answered. yeonseo smiled at him as jihoon did the same. she mouthed the word thank you as jihoon nodded.

minhyun sighed in disbelief as he rubbed his nape. “well that's sad, just come with us tomorrow okay?”

“hey jinyoung, aren't you going to stay too?” jaehwan butted in as the younger one looked at him.

“yeah, kris will be bored.” seongwoo smirked making fist bumps with jaehwan for they know what's going on with their thoughts. jinyoung rolled his eyes at the idea.

“yeah i think you should stay, sohye's with woojin, jihoon's with yeonseo and you will be with —” daniel agreed but was cut off when jinyoung decided to.

“gosh, why are you pushing me to her? damn it, fine. i'll stay.” he said rolling his eyes and went to follow where kris went. everyone snickered at the thought.

meanwhile, the others have left. yeonseo took an apple from the fridge because she felt hunger. she's currently with woojin and sohye while jihoon went with jinyoung on the backyard then kris is nowhere to be found inside the house.

“do you want me to slice the apple?” yeonseo asked sohye so that they could share. “apples are good for your health.”

“sure, just give me one.” sohye smiled as yeonseo went to slice the apple. “woojin-ah, i saw a beach near this house, can we go there later?”

yeonseo came back with the sliced apple as she heard what sohye must said. woojin was smiling at her, as he agreed with her idea.

“sure, when the others come back. we can go.” he said placing her long bangs behind her ear. yeonseo sighed placing the small plate on the table.

“third wheeling sucks.” yeonseo said grabbing a piece of apple, munching it. woojin and sohye looked at her and chuckled. “i'm out of here.”

and with that she left the kitchen went to the backyard where jinyoung and jihoon was. woojin felt something towards yeonseo the moment she left, he felt like something's going on with her gloomy face when he smiled at sohye for being the sweetest boyfriend.

sohye noticed how woojin was worried for her. she wasn't numb and dumb enough not to notice everything. unlike the two who looks like they're denying it to themselves like what jinyoung and kris does with each other. but she didn't mind, she went to eat all of yeonseo's food without woojin giving a care about it. 

“what's the purpose of your face?” jihoon asked as yeonseo arrived, sitting down on the bench where jinyoung and jihoon were sitting. winkdeep having a moment.

“third wheeling suck actually. i just realized that.” yeonseo said sighing heavily. jihoon sighed as well, he knew what was going on.

“you usually don't complain when you third wheel with kris and jinyoung.” jihoon said trying to cheer her up but yeonseo gave him a faint smile.

“where's kris anyway, i need to talk to her.” she said trying to change the topic as she stood up.

“i was looking for her earlier but she's nowhere to be found. i tried calling her but she's not answering my calls.” jinyoung reasoned out.

“wow since when are you worried about her.” jihoon smirked.

“i didn't say i was worried, i'm just curious where is she.” jinyoung defended making yeonseo scoffed. jinyoung suddenly stood up and got annoyed with the two. “okay fine, think about what you want to think about my relationship with her. but to tell you the truth, she's not my —”

“yeah go ahead and deny your feelings everytime.” jihoon said making jinyoung glared at him. “just go and find her okay?”

“that is what i'm about to do.” and with that, jinyoung left. jihoon and yeonseo was left behind and she looks really gloomy. jihoon suddenly held her hand, rubbing the top of it.

“what happened inside?” he asked her and she just chuckled.

“nothing, they're just being sweet to each other.” she said. “and i am jealous.”

jihoon wasn't surprised anymore. “from the start, you are already jealous.”

“it sucks right, i was dumb not to realize it sooner. now i know why i was so inspired to draw him, it's because i like him so much but he has a girlfriend.” yeonseo sighed not realizing a tear escaped from her eyes. she wiped it off and laughed at herself. “wow, now i'm crying.”

jihoon felt pity on his best friend. she is the most precious person in his life right now that he hates the fact how woojin and sohye hurts her innocent. it's like stabbing her in the back with lots of knives. she hides the pain behind her smile and pretend that it wasn't affecting her feelings at all.

“i should have gone having fun with the others today, i should have asked minhyun hyung to bring you with us.” jihoon said rubbing her back. “i'm sorry, it's my fault.”

“no,” yeonseo said. “i'm starting to get used to this jihoon. i'm fine.”

jihoon doesn't know what to say so he decided to change the topic. he was sure if this idea will help him cheer her up but, he just tried.

“wanna grab some coffee?” he asked as she looked at him. “i saw a small coffee shop near by and maybe you might like to try new coffees.”

“s-sure, let's do that.” she answered. “i'll just go change my clothes.”

“i'll wait for you on the front door.” jihoon said as they went to different directions.

yeonseo went to the room and get some comfortable clothes and changed inside the small bathroom while jihoon went to the front door and saw sohye trying to get some reception of her phone. at first he just let her but then, he heard something fell inside the living room with a loud thump.

sohye must've heard it too that the both of them hurriedly went inside only seeing yeonseo on the top of woojin, who's lying on the floor.