seven

29.07.18

---

The following Saturday, the day Harry and Louis were due to go to Hogsmeade together, Harry woke up around 8am. For a reason he couldn't put his finger on, nerves seemed to be lingering in his stomach and making it difficult for him to get back to sleep. He knew quidditch practice started at 8:30 and ended at 10:30, so he didn't need to rush anywhere, his plan was to go down to the great hall and have breakfast, then take his Ancient Runes and Herbology homework down to the quidditch grounds so he could get it down while he sat in the stands.

Once he'd packed his backpack and gotten washed up, he crouched in front of his open trunk and deliberated over what to wear. Practicality wise, he knew it was cold out and therefore knew he had to wear layers, but he wanted to look semi presentable. In the end, he decided on a pair of skinny jeans, cuffed at the ankles, and a plain white t-shirt seeing as he was just going to pull on a hoodie and then a coat over the top.

Leaving his bag on his bed and the other four boys sleeping, he left the dorm and made his way to the great hall. As he approached, he saw Louis leaving, flanked by the other players on his team and too caught up in conversation to notice Harry. He didn't mind though, knowing they'd be spending the rest of the day together and had all the time to chat. His mind was elsewhere as he sat down at the table, straying from his standard bowl of granola and reaching out for a banana and some toast.

"Morning Harry." Isabelle said, breaking him out his daydream.

Her long, red hair was tied up in a messy pony tail and she looked at him with all the innocence and charm that only she could muster.

"Hi Iz, how are you?" Harry replied once he'd finished his mouthful, the girls presence being able to put anyone in a good mood.

"I'm okay, I'm quite tired, I was up all night trying to finish my divination homework, it's really rather tiresome."

"As I've heard, Niall was really struggling with it too."

At the mention of Niall's name, the girls cheeks seemed to flush pink, something Harry would not have normally picked up on, but the flush of colour in her pale cheeks was hard to go unnoticed.

They continued talking as Harry finished his breakfast, she wasn't eating but instead trying to tab pages in books that Harry assumed were for her divination classes. Once he'd finished, they said their goodbyes, and Harry made his way back to his common room to brush his teeth, collect his bag, put on a hoodie and grab his coat. The quidditch stands were a distance away from the school, but it wasn't an unpleasant walk. Despite being November, the morning was bright and crisp. A watery sun was trying it's best to warm the day, succeeding only when the breeze died down. Harry loved the fresh air of a winters morning, he liked the way the chill seemed to bite at his cheeks and keep him more alert.

There were a few students dotted around the stands as he made his way up the steps, some were members of opposing teams, there to witness the techniques the Slytherin team were practicing, others were friends or significant others of the players, waiting for them to finish so they could continue their days together. Harry sat at one of the highest points of the stands, his favourite viewing spot as you could see down onto the ground but also what was going on in the air. His eyes scanned the sky and found Louis almost immediately, laughing with one of the players who was talked animatedly. Harry smiled, seeing Louis happy gave him a warm feeling in his chest.

Resisting temptation to spend the next two hours watching the team practice, he opened up his bag and began working on his essay about the Chinese Chomping Cabbage for Herbology, starting off with sketching and labelling a diagram. Before long, he'd begun to get cold and pulled his wand out of his trouser pocket. Muttering under his breath, he cast a spell and conjured a lantern of blue flames that would float next to him and act like a heater.